Sign in to follow this  
Biotic90

Daily restarts are bugging my server

I rented a DayZ server from Vilayer 1 week ago and i have set 3 daily restarts, but every time the server auto-restarts everything goes wrong.

-Tents and vehicles disappear, every one of them on the entire map.

-Day time changes from night to day even though it was set to utc+0 and at 2 pm was night time.

I tried changing the time to utc-3 to see if something changes.

I will send a ticket to vilayer but first i want to ask you guys if you ever had this problem and if you know a way to fix it since the only way i know is to manually restart the server again and this is not nice for the players :(

I heard Vilayer only have one person for all the support of the tons of servers, i might be wrong.

Im looking for a good DayZ host, and this is not looking any better for Vilayer... :(

i didn't made the topic to bash Vilayer, they allways answered very fast to my tickets, Last one i made got answered in less then a minute and i'm not kidding. And the server is working pretty well exept for this small bug.

I'm more interested in what other vilayer renters have to say about this and eventually how they managed to fix it.

It's not them, its dayz/ arma (not loading the items). It can happen on all servers when they don't load in the hive data properly/ at all, and the only solution (afaik) is restarting the server manually (or waiting for the next auto restart).

Time idk, its a bit buggy its not even synchronized with all players on the server quite often (sync watches for a bit you'll notice). Not sure what can be done about that think you'll have to wait till some dev actually cares about it.

Edited by decapitator

It's not them, its dayz/ arma (not loading the items). It can happen on all servers when they don't load in the hive data properly/ at all, and the only solution (afaik) is restarting the server manually (or waiting for the next auto restart).

Time idk, its a bit buggy its not even synchronized with all players on the server quite often (sync watches for a bit you'll notice). Not sure what can be done about that think you'll have to wait till some dev actually cares about it.

You actually gave me and idea. If i set a double restart should work.

1st restart at: 1:00 pm and 2nd restart at 1:01pm, this should fix it right?

From my understanding, if a lot of players try to connect while the server is starting, it can abort some scripts.

That's lame from a design standpoint, but what can you do?

I think that's why some admins lock their server for a few minutes on restart. To give the scripts time to finish.