inch

GUID Repository for Hackers/Script Kiddies

Hi All,

I'm personally getting sick of all these asses, that choose to ruin everyone's game play by injecting code, spawning hacked gear etc.

So hence forth I'm suggesting a thread (this thread) a location where Server Admins can post GUIDs of HACKERS only. Due to the stress on the DayZ Staff, with the bugs and project development it's proving hard to get global bans submitted. Yes granted you could always argue that the logs are in raw text, "you can edit them blah blah blah", but for now its tough.

I've had this in my head for a while now, and I've also had a number of PM's from other Server admins asking for GUID's of cheating kids.

If anyone would like to moan about posting GUID's in the forum, my reply would be your GUID is clearly visible when joining any server anyway.

So once again if all server admins who BAN hackers/cheats can post there GUID's with some evidence of some kind it'll be appreciated by myself and others I'm sure. (I know this is a hot topic)

I'd like to add some comments that another member suggested. Hope you don't mind.

"Saw your post in the forums and you may have seen others I have made about the same subject.

I've thought about the same thing and a way to implement it. I wondered whether if we set up a Google docs document and give genuine server admins access to it (read only) it would be updated via people posting their server log entry showing the cheat in use.

We could really do with some buy in from the dev's/moderators to confirm server owners/admins, this also help with confirming the veracity of cheats.

Don't want to get into the situation of people trying to get people put on the bans list due to some disagreement.

Let me know your thoughts."

Thank you!

Edited by Inch

Lets get this off the start line.

Another Ban, this guy spawned in a "G36_C_SD_camo". I'm getting sick of the script kiddies now! I'm going to start posting GUID's for other server admins to add a ban.

17:20:08 Player Matt connecting.

17:20:09 Player Matt connected (id=21759878).

17:20:09 BattlEye Server: (Unknown) Matt: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.snipersuit'.

17:20:09 BattlEye Server: Player #3 Matt - GUID: bdf7c8db0d54a4cc843973f214f60cf2 (unverified)

17:20:09 BattlEye Server: Verified GUID (bdf7c8db0d54a4cc843973f214f60cf2) of player #3 Matt

For the info G36s are not in DayZ at all.

Edited by Inch

It's a good idea, but they won't approve it. It's like Name and Shame. You can't post GUID's if you are not sure that they are cheaters. Some people will post innocent GUID's and other admins will ban them!

P.S Do you know anything more about that Matt? I know that there is a Matt who is a server admin of UK115. I know that admins can't spawn stuff, but his loot was suspicious

Edited by TSAndrey

It's a good idea, but they won't approve it. It's like Name and Shame. You can't post GUID's if you are not sure that they are cheaters. Some people will post innocent GUID's and other admins will ban them!

Yes I did think of that, I'm tempted to add a line and maybe setup a public FTP where Server admins can upload the .log/.RPT files and that all bans must be supported with a corresponding log file.

Also, remove their IP's. Not allowed to share those.

Missed that D'oh - thanks for the prompt!!!

As I said, do you know any more information on that Matt?

Yes I do, I keep all my log files. :P

He's been on for a while I've been watching, I've even got a death event with his player ID. Then he respawned again then within 5 minutes he had another G36!!!!!

Edited by Inch

What if I take the GUID of a player I don't like, That has hoarded vehicles on my server, copy the information you posted (for example) and put his info in it?

Edited by DarkRaven123

Yes this is the problem its WIP same as BE at the moment :P

But at least some of us are actually trying rather than moaning about it all the time.... which is no use to anyone.

Edited by Inch