Sign in to follow this  
223gixer023

Six launcher

Well, I just recently got day z and the game is great, but I have one issue. Me and my friends can never see the same servers as each other in the six launcher, for instance one person will say a serve ad the rest of us will type it in the search and it just is not there. We will have to keep looking for servers until one is there that shows for all of us. It makes it so hard to play together and almost not even worth it sometimes. Anyone else experience this?

Six launcher is strange, everytime i start the program i got like 30 000 players and if i the push the refresh button i got 9 000 players. Pressing refresh button a lot and i will have big differences between player/server number :s

Edited by k4ne

This is a problem with how Gamespy handles the requests and has nothing to do with the Launcher itself.

However we are currently working on great improvements on that including a buddy-feature that allows you to see where your friends are playing and much more.

Use http://www.dayzcommander.com/

It uses it's own serverlist, that shows more servers than 6launcher (gamespy). By rightclicking the servers in Commander you can copy the server's IP/PORT and your friend can add that server to favorites, if both can't find the same server in the list.

And it already has Friends option (tells where your friend is playing after server refresh), for easy use :)

Edited by Jukez

DayZ Commander also gets it's information from Gamespy. :)

In SIX Launcher you can choose to query the gamespy servers trough gslist.exe (like DayZ Commander) or retrieve a precompiled serverlist from the SIX Servers to prevent issues with your modem/firewall/router that has problems with gslist.exe and the vast amount of UDP traffic.

Also SIX Launcher will have a real buddy-list and other options in the very near future.

DayZ Commander also gets it's information from Gamespy. :)

In SIX Launcher you can choose to query the gamespy servers trough gslist.exe (like DayZ Commander) or retrieve a precompiled serverlist from the SIX Servers to prevent issues with your modem/firewall/router that has problems with gslist.exe and the vast amount of UDP traffic.

Also SIX Launcher will have a real buddy-list and other options in the very near future.

Commander - [Feature] Improved inital refresh performance (Now only using my hosted cached list of servers, instead of relying on gamespy at all on the client)

A real buddy-list will be a neat feature :)