Sign in to follow this  
ScienceCow

Team Leader 'Spawn'ing to my location

Unfortunately I forgot the exact details, but I was curious about whether anyone else has seen this. I believe the server was US 1437 or 1137 and the player profile was named Cody.

A friend and I were playing and it was 11 at night on the server in the far north ten minutes west of NW airfield. We were running through a field and I got shot in the back falling unconcious - sounded like a silenced gun. My friend took a hit but got behind a tree. He was shot at a few more times but i was still at my body after the few shots I saw the sniper crawl up to my body so I requested my friend shot at my body and as he fired with his m249 i directed his shots to hit. Success, though I die in the process and we associate the death to us getting sloppy.

I start to respawn and my buddy takes cover in trees and watches my body. just after I respawn the guy appears, ten feet from my friend -luckily in LOS- and he kills him. Cody dies. I continue to make my run and we start talking about times I've seen here location respawns. About 10 minutes into my 25 minute run back I'm in the deep woods north of Cherno in a pitch black forest and I seen and then hear a guy saw 'where are you going? stop running, stop running, I'm blah blah blah, I'll shoot you in the back' starts firing and i get hit, but i run on and dodge more bullets from the silenced gun that does about 5500 damage. I bandage when far enough, keep running.

Fast forward to 15 more minutes and I'm 3-4 minutes away or one full and a half sections/squares of the map. I again have to run through a field area but I'm even further west so I go for it, but for the whole run I've been looking over my shoulder. Looked forward for a moment, just before getting to the tress I hear the same gun fire. get through the trees without fire and have to make another field run. I go for it looking behind me. I can hear the same guy on mic with the same background noise. I go down. My friend says 'same guy', I say, 'has to be cheating'. I go to respawn and just after getting through 'waiting for character ID' and getting to 'loading' I hear foot steps on my friends computer, I say 'I think he's near you look out'. Again on mic we hear the same voice, same background noise over mic and same silenced gun fire. My friend dies.

In short, it's impossible that someone would end up exactly behind my, in the darkness, without being out of breath enough and that could be at all our locations in that short of time, never being seen coming. So - Is there a hack that the 'team leader' of a server can spawn at his team mates?

I made a post detailing almost what you encountered but we werent able to kill our one. But without a video, no one cares about our wall of text

I made a post detailing almost what you encountered but we werent able to kill our one. But without a video, no one cares about our wall of text

And that's what's wrong with the current game. You can't 'prove' anything with text and I guess the folks that represent the game don't even care to investigate. Idk... Shit's annoying.

Well I care, but unfortunately the way hacks work and the way scripts are designed into Arma II. Nothing can really be done without proof for each incident.

If he hacks, well Battle eye will eventually patch up and if he does it he'll get caught and banned... Eventually. Take comfort in knowing you lost the battle, but won the war. His obvious use of hacks helps create the very tool that will get him banned.

If hes scripting, well... Battle eye can possibly catch illegal scripts, but unlikely. Just know that this is in alpha and in the log run when the game is actually released he'll be crap at it. To used to hacking/scripting that won't work on the standalone.

And that's what's wrong with the current game. You can't 'prove' anything with text and I guess the folks that represent the game don't even care to investigate. Idk... Shit's annoying.

I would love to have a sell my soul to the devil computer so I can play and record at the same time with a good FPS but sadly we don't all have this luxury.

Honestly, I doubt this game will become a stand alone or go much further than an alpha/beta mod. But if the fix is easy enough to employ then it should be considered. I'm curious whether we could just make lots of different teams if it is indeed a 'team' spawning thing. This isn't about banning cheaters it's about minimizing exploits in my opinion.