Sign in to follow this  
disorder

Zombie vs PVP Visibility

As everyone knows the visibility bar only works for zombies and doesn't effect other players. They can see you regardless of status or individual settings.

If you are quite a distance away where grass fades out then you can be seen, and shadows don't work the way people think they do(some people just have them off totally negating any bonus). Apart from having the camo or ghillie suits, a player has no dynamic way to hide from other players.

The idea is as follows.

For each bar of the visibility meter:

1. adjust the alpha level of the character model by 10%, this means it 'fades out' and becomes transparent. This is of course very hard to do and requires base engine changes. An idea for arma3 perhaps.

OR

2. Swap the player skin with a darker/greener one. Allowing up to 5 extra survivor skins that transition from light to dark (not including camo skins) would mean extra work, but it is easier.

What would people think of this mechanic?

YAY FOR INVISIBLE SNIPERS!

Why is this something to even consider? Just add more defferent camo/ghillie suits :/

No cause this is not the case in real life and we are playing dayz to train for some real life apocalypse.

AND: Snipers would be invisible at all? FFS its hard enough atm to fucking spot a sniper at some 800meter distance camping a fucking whole city.

Edited by Jacy

Well, you don't get to hide efficiently in a town. Also I was thinking only of the main survivor skin

This would adjust your visiblity slightly if only you were in grass or shadow anyway.

What I'm trying to get at, is the visibility bar should have some impact on your general visibility towards other players, not just zombies. Ghillie and camo are excluded.

If not then why do we have a visibility bar that lets us know how visible we are, only to zombies. Why not get rid of it and rely on old fashioned visual and sound in the game. Thinking of consistency.

Edited by disorder

the visibility bar cannot influence another player..if you think that sometimes you can see a movement 800m away and sometimes you don't see a player who stays still 10m from you. the human eye and the player's attention do the job both the ways. but the problem of settings still exists..i think it should be fixed too, but it will be done for sure..all the server will have the same settings locked, i can't see a different solution in the future of this game.

Ok then thanks for the reply. I was thinking it doesn't even have to be that complicated. Why not simply just have some more camo options? Urban Camo for example.

Edited by disorder