Sign in to follow this  
jgresko@gmail.com

US 1357 - Hacker check

Server time was around 12:30am [GMT -6]

Was on my own in Berezino, server population was under 10. While inside a house I hear someone making crazy sounds over Direct Com. mic (similar to "The No" www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVFHQsWPMhU ). I bolt, and am pursued for awhile by two players who continue making noises, intermittently asking me to "come play" or "come back" while also firing at me. I figure I'll be a sport and not alt+f4, but eventually I'm killed (of course).

Nothing suspicious at this point. I respawn between Cherno & Elektro and am running through the woods, when I hear the EXACT SAME Direct Com. mic noises, right on top of me. An player comes out from around a tree nearby, and I'm assuming its one of the guys that killed me, teleporting to my locale. However, this player acts friendly, and doesn't have the same gear. He denies hearing any noises or having knowledge of my death.

Possible Conclusions:

1. There's was some ghosting\teleporting occuring.

2. Somehow these 3 knew each other, the 3rd happened to be in the woods north of Elektro, spot me, and decides to mess with me by spewing the same mic gibberish before I come upon him.

had similar thing happen on US 828 north west of Berezino at the town south of the NE air strip.

we were hiding in the forest and had not moved for about 15 minutes when myself and 2 other mates hear some creepy as music and "WANT TO PLAY A GAME" in some creepy SAW voice.

To my understanding you have to be reasonably close to receive Direct Comm (50 meters maybe). but we had all areas checked when we heard this...

all of a sudden a shot was fired, and it seemed to be judging the sound that it was about 800 - 1000 meters away using a DMR or something similar. the shot missed us, but i think this was on purpose. to scare us.

feeling very sus I disconnected game.

I don't usually disconnect unless I feel an unfair advantage and i don't just mean the fact that this guy could see us and we didnt know where he was.

but the sound coming through the direct chat was creepy and did not make sense how it was only directed on us and not on group.

The only explanation is that there was a 2nd person more closer to us who was using the direct chat. Though i knew that this was very unlikely.