Sign in to follow this  
SandmanSanford

Fishing

I believe there should be an opportunity to fish on DayZ. You've got all that water concerning the ocean and lakes, yet no living creatures swimming around in it. Fishing has been one of my favorite activities in real life and I think it would fit well with DayZ. Think about it. Suppose you have to find a fishing rod, net, harpoon, etc to even attempt to fish, and knowing that fishing requires patience, make it to where it takes 5-10 minutes to catch one fish. Whenever you do catch a fish, have it to where you can eat it either raw or cooked (say raw heals 200 blood and cooked 500 blood).

What do you guys think?

• Like 3

Actually I have thought the same thing. I think there should be more ways getting food>health and this might be one more thing. Beans4u.

I thought the same thing would be a great idea to actually find a fishing rod, put it in your toolbelt and go fishing to any water source, and the sea fish should give you more health than the pond fish.

I think with Fishing though you would need to have some sort of Bait that you can use for fishing.

and possibly a Fishing box that goes into your toolbelt along with your Rod. have the fishing box enterable so you can go in and check out your bait and gear.

hmmm, maybe thats a bit far. just Rod maybe. but deffinately make it so you can catch fish i rekon. great idea.

I think with Fishing though you would need to have some sort of Bait that you can use for fishing.

and possibly a Fishing box that goes into your toolbelt along with your Rod. have the fishing box enterable so you can go in and check out your bait and gear.

hmmm, maybe thats a bit far. just Rod maybe. but deffinately make it so you can catch fish i rekon. great idea.

What if they did that, and if you don't have bait you catch fish that don't give you much blood.

There could be a variety of different fish you catch that provide a different amount of 'meat' just like with hunting. I think it's a great idea and would like to see something like this in the standalone