JuniorQc

is there a safe way to switch from Primary to Axe?

So the topic is all in the Title.

Everytime i want to switch from my main gun to my axe, my main gun dissapear....

Does it has a magic trick?

Put the gun in your bag if you can. That's the best way not to lose it.

It's weird and uncomfortable for me too. You drop your gun and right click on the hatchet, hit remove from toolbelt, you equipped it, yay! You do what you gotta do to put the hatchet away (which by the way takes the exact same amount of steps) and you gotta fiddle around to find your other weapon that 50/50 may or may not have disappeared into a whole 'nother dimension. Thanks video game!

as i know primary guns need 10 free spot in backpack to not disappear. + the ammos you got. when you try to put your primary gun into your backpack the ammo gets to put there automatically.

with numbers.

you have an AKM equipped with 5 AKM rounds for it. if you wan't to put your AKM into your backpack, you will need 15 free slots in total so none of the Gun nor any of the Clips disappear.

hope it helps you.

Edited by MostlyPanda

as i know primary guns need 10 free spot in backpack to not disappear. + the ammos you got. when you try to put your primary gun into your backpack the ammo gets to put there automatically.

with numbers.

you have an AKM equipped with 5 AKM rounds for it. if you wan't to put your AKM into your backpack, you will need 15 free slots in total so none of the Gun nor any of the Clips disappear.

hope it helps you.

This is useful, listen to this guy.

Never put any primary weapon into your backpack without first identifying how many slots you need.

Easy way to do this is

1. find a quite spot,

2. Completely empty your backpack

3. Add your primary weapon into your pack and count the slots it takes up.

4. You now know you need that many free to move safely between your backpack and your primary weapon slot.

5. If you intend to use this method always keep that amount free.

NOTE:

Remember your axe can also disappear into the ether if you assign your primary weapon back into your slot without adding your axe to your tool belt first.

I remember the last time I went backpacking -- I needed to switch out my compass for my knife, so I sat down, dumped the entire bag out on the ground, and then sorted it all out so I didn't lose a single thing.

It took two hours to repack it all, but man it was worth it!

The backpack/inventory system is cringeworthy.

Hopefully in the standalone version, they will make the inventory system a lot less ridiculous. It already takes a new player quite a while to understand what they are doing and where they are putting things. Equipping items should just give you an error if you don't have enough space and your ammo should remain, instead of the game assuming that you don't need it any more. And then if you don't have space in your inventory, the item vanishes.

Primary, Secondary, Melee Slots (Scroll mouse wheel to change, or use hot keys)

Ammo Slots (Ammo)

Equipment Slots (Knife, Compass, Map, etc)

Clothing Slots (Outfit, Head, Boots)

Backpack Slot (Backpacks, Vests, Pouches, etc)

And why not add a paper doll in there for good measure. Just to make sure you look the way you want to. You don't need stats and all that jazz, but it's something that wouldn't really hurt the game and it would help bring new players into DayZ with something familiar that they have seen before.

All should be clearly recognizable in the GUI, they should tell you how many slots they take up, and you should be able to drag and drop them into the slots you want them instead of hoping that you are putting them into your backpack or main inventory and not on the ground. I'm sure even some of the sandbox elitists will say that making the inventory easier isn't realistic. There's a line that you cross, and right now, that line is miles in the other direction. The inventory blows in just about every aspect.

Either way, I don't think it can be fixed in this mod. It needs a standalone, a new engine, or specialized to fit the needs of a game like DayZ.

Edited by DAS1337