Flavalicious

A fun night in hell and what bothers me the most about dayz

So im up north. Super well equiped. Alive 20+ hours. 200+ zombie kills. A healthy amount of murders/bandit kills. Coyote bag, DMR with 6 clips, m16 with tons of ammo, Night vision....

Running around the fields looking for crashed heli's when i run across a tractor that spawned in a farm yard next to a house that doesnt show up on any of the data base maps. Figure what the hell its night time, its faster then walking and theres likely no one around. So im driving along when suddenly i hit some sort of bloody invisible wall, i fall out of the tractor, broken legs, shock, bleeding, 1000 blood left and knocked cold. Vet server so i had a rough idea of where i was but not 100%. Seeing as i hit nothing physically visible in the game I decided it was fair game to drop the server and join one during the day for a shot at recovering my gear from my glitched death (hey its alpha after all, shit happens). So i jump into a server and bleed to death as expected. I spawn in Chernaus which was partly annoying because before I would just respawn until I was closer (again, glitched death, no dishonor in using such tatic). But of course they removed the forced respawn, which makes me wonder what the hell people are going to do when they spawn in a building or under the ground, or hell when a hacker ports them to debugg world. Anyhow so i run clear across the map, 25 mins up to the area where i died just south of the air field. I managed to find my body despite the fact that i died in some random field that i happened to stumble across.

Happily I looted my body and recovered the gear from my bugged death. Now at this moment im annoyed that my stats were reset and that i just spent 30 minutes auto running through barren landscap to recover from a death that was a bug, but overall very relieved to have saved my stuff. So I wonder around for a while checking for heli crash sites when i had to log off for about 20 minutes to take care of some things IRL. I log back in to another server because i couldnt remember the one i was in and boom, im back in the field where i recovered my gear and i have nothing......

Now im pissed off. IF i had died to a bug and just walked away i would of been upset but i would of survived. Again....games alpha. However i had JUST spent 30 minutes bored out of my mind to recover and it HAD WORKED. The gear was there.

Nothing like a emotional rollercoster lol. Now this is the 3rd death in a row that hasnt been from pvp or pve. My last death was when the server decided to throw me off the back of a ladder 50 feet off the ground. When i go to the top instead of putting me on the walkway it put me 10 feet behind the ladder.... The death before that the game had some wicked screen tear and i actually fell off the world.

Now before i hear all kinds of "you die in dayz its part of the game" and "its alpha dont get upset", take a second and actually read what im saying. Ive accepted that this is alpha and shit happens. However it does super piss me off when the last 3 times ive died have been to buggy servers/game client issues. Theres a good deal of time invested into my characters and its not like im dying with a fucking shotgun and a revolver, I had some serious gear that was earned and not spawned in.

I dont want to see bear traps, zombie dogs, and/or any other useless shit in the game in the terms of "features" before i see stability. Both in the client and in the servers. I would really like some system implemented to identify servers with good track rates or something in the terms of "safety". Hell even a "rate up or rate down" system that players can use to build solid reputations for steady servers.

This mod reminds me alot of Minecraft at the end of the day. GREAT idea for a truely great game, but without stability people wont invest their hours in. I cant tell you how many times me and freinds built amazing save files only to have the server corrupt into nothing. Hell i dont even care about alt f4'ers because when I shoot someone i shoot them in the head and they dont get the chance. I dont care about bandits, I dont even care about hackers. IF i hear explosions I leave the server before the tank sees me, if i get mass teleported i log out faster then they can start shooting, I can avoid the abused game mechanics, I cant avoid the instability. With that Im off to start all over again, maybe this time ill be lucky and get sniped out by an actual player instead of a server bug.

Edited by Flavalicious
  • Like 1

The whole point of an Alpha is to add new features, stability comes more in Beta stage.

Don't play the game if you're not prepared to lose everything due to bugs, hackers etc.

• Like 2

you hit a rock or a small rock wall

deal with it

everything after 1st big paragraph was tl;dr

Edited by Buffjesus

The whole point of an Alpha is to add new features, stability comes more in Beta stage.

Don't play the game if you're not prepared to lose everything due to bugs, hackers etc.

This. Do not get attatched to your loot, my friend.

I just find it funny that everyone's response is "don't get attached to your loot"... But when you seek out rare items and stuff and get them, how are you not going to be bothered when you lose it? I mean... doesn't the fact that you randomly lose your gear to server issues, hackers, and bugs detract from the desire to get said things? Hell, may as well just go murder everyone you see once you get a gun because god knows you're going to lose it to something other than a real firefight! I love being murdered, but I really hate when my character does a running prone dive off a tower... Or magically detaches from a ladder and falls to my death.. And of course, getting killed by a hacker.

Not complaining, just saying. I understand it's alpha, and shit happens, but that response is really detrimental to the point of the game. You'll lose your gear, yes, but having no attachment to the stuff you have results in the game being less fun. You have to enjoy what you have, makes you try harder to keep it. In a bug/hacker free game, that's the reason people will continue to play DayZ for the most part.

Wonder why people play WoW? DAT GEAR SON

Edited by Frenzilla

IF you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,

But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,

Or being hated, don't give way to hating,

And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;

If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,

And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,

if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,

If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,

And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

See pic for tl:dr; version

post-61239-0-77660800-1344232433_thumb.g

Biggest bunch of bull I've read... I must of read the word bug about 50 times.. look at it this way if you didn't die that way something else would of killed you.

I died yesterday, had a ghille suit awesome sniper and a reasonable handgun. i was running up a mountain got to a really steep point and ended up sliding down and getting crushed between two rocks instantly taking me to -28600 blood. i then re-spawned and headed back to my body to retrieve my gear. Only to find i couldn't reach it as i'd slid into a corner that was impossible to get to.

i run round the mountain looking for a way down to my body and my legs sink in the floor and break... i'm like ok i can crawl to my body and get it to a place i can come back to before re-spawning and has i crawl up the mountain a couple of meters away from my body i start to slide again this time i hit the cliff edge and it catapults me down the mountain again killing me instantly. At this point i'm like ok screw my gear it happens and i carry on with my DayZ adventure....

Deaths should be taken on the chin it happens to everyone all the time. Posting it in the forum ain't going to bring your gear back and i'm pretty sure the rant didn't make you feel better.

Edited by Furry_PawstarZ
  • Like 1

Well im happy to see a few people had resonable responses, lucky me lol. Again guys, I wouldnt say that im attached to my gear, I would instead say that I enjoy the emersion and when something random happens that perma-deaths me it is upsetting, but again, this wasnt a once in a life time event, this has happened repeatedly to me. When i was first learning the game I couldnt find a gun to save my life, and my very first AK 47 that i found i had all of 5 minutes before i got sniped in the head at Elektro. I wasnt upset at all, that was 5 minutes and a learning expirence. I also enjoy the challenge of countering bandits while surviving in a huge sandbox game. But you got to understand that this character i had poured hours into, thats an investment of my time that I could of been doing something else. Was it wasted time? no, that would be stupid to say becuase i had enjoyment doing it, but that enjoyment was lost to a non game mechanic and thats where the ouch comes from. Its a lost possibility is what it is. Its like the fish that got away, you continue to live and be happy but you always wonder what if :P ;)

My entire post was just to help make me feel better and to drive home my desire for stability over features. Alot of mod teams/developers fire content patch after content patch but you never see anything working on stability (and not saying dayz doesnt improve stability because the last few patches have helped a little). And i also do agree that beta is where stability is stream lined however with Dayz as large as it is, its almost skipped through the alpha stage and already in beta....

anyhows the loss of my coyote bag, dmr and nightvision was a blow but ill fire her up tonight and see what i can save of my broken heart. lol :)

You lost my vote when you said you didn't care about altf4 or hacking because you're such an altf4 pro yourself.

You lost my vote when you said you didn't care about altf4 or hacking because you're such an altf4 pro yourself.

nice argument bro. how about you only post about stuff you actually know as a fact.

If someone alt F4's yea it sucks, but you get the satisfaction of knowing that exploiter is on a different server knocked out and bleeding to death. Unless he decides to wait for a freind to come hold his hand and save his ass. and of the hours ive put into the game only once did i ever become affected by a hacker, so its a slim risk to my game time.

I dont care about bandits, I dont even care about hackers. IF i hear explosions I leave the server before the tank sees me, if i get mass teleported i log out faster then they can start shooting, I can avoid the abused game mechanics, I cant avoid the instability. With that Im off to start all over again, maybe this time ill be lucky and get sniped out by an actual player instead of a server bug.

EXPLOSION? Better altf4.

So is your own admission that you altf4 at the slightest hint of a hacker fact enough?

Edited by Swineflew

EXPLOSION? Better altf4.

So is your own admission that you altf4 at the slightest hint of a hacker fact enough?

Are you a mentally handicapped? okay hero, you can go ahead and stick around on a server with people using scripts and hacks. Theres a difference between crashing the game to avoid death via cheaters and crashing the game to get out of dying in a fair fire fight with another player, if you cant wrap your head around that concept theres no hope for you.

• Like 1

Ya sorry but most of these posters are right. You say "exploits are ok" but "bugs" are unforgivable. What type of logic is that?

holy hell learn to read. I never said exploits are okay, re-read what i posted. Furthermore I can deal with exploits because at least my decision making/reaction COULD have an effect. A bug is beyond my control to control or alter.

Anyhow this thread no longer has a purpose now that hacker activity has gone through the roof. In the course of 2 hours tonight ive ran into 2 fully repaired choppers in random places they shouldnt be. Under one of the heli's was a dude in camo gear with a AS50 and every took from your wish list plus a silenced M9 with 7 clips of ammo. And to cap it off he had a coyote bag......Not very good chances of being legit imo.