raelor

Sooo 2.5? Where is it?

Or at least the artifact fix. I'm not saying this needs to be patched faster or anything...but there is a particularly game-crippling bug on this current patch, and he has it's fix confirmed as a feature for the next patch, so why are we waiting to receive it? The artifacts completely disabled a few key parts of the maps. All Airfields, Cherno, Elektro, and other random places. All great loot areas gone by a fix that is simply waiting to be deployed? Wth? Someone explain to me whats up? What's wrong with just moving out the artifacts fix as a hotfix? Thoughts?

P.S. I know that not everyone experiences artifacts, nor do I care if you have a special fix that eliminates them. It's not my job to fix it, it's my duty to play and report, and have someone important fix it so we can move on.

Edited by harbingerlll

Funny, because I haven't experienced one of those artifacts for months. Lucky me. ^^

Edited by Erik
  • Like 1

Funny, because I haven't experienced one of those artifacts for months. Lucky me. ^^

Oh, we must all be imagining things then.

Never mind, rocket. Eric hasn't seen it, therefor it must not exist. No need to fix it.

Edited by Talen
  • Like 1

Always one on every thread.

I get them pretty much every single time I go to NW airfield. :/

There is a script which spawns the bodies causing the artifacts. A simple hotfix to remove that would be welcome, while they can fix that internally. Why hasn't a hotfix been released for it is what I want to know, with my mods I would have done that unless it was an internal alpha test...

press Shift and Num Pad minus symbol then type flush and it will fix it

Not for me or anyone else I know, only way to fix it for 20-30 minutes is to restart the client.

Not for me or anyone else I know, only way to fix it for 20-30 minutes is to restart the client.

Try to change your "video memory" in the advanced video options, try all the different settings until you find one that makes the artifacts go away.

Stop posting "fixes". We KNOW. They don't work for everyone. They don't work for us. You're not giving us some piece of hard to find information, they are everywhere and have been tried hundreds of times.

Apparently Rocket has a few new features that are almost ready so he is just rolling out the next update instead of hotfixing the artifacting. There is an interview with him on Machinima talking about it, thread on the forum about it - http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/57233-machinima-live-stream-w-rocket-going-right-now/

Artifacts aren't hurting me too badly, I'm more excited to see the new skin stuff :D

Edited by Powell