Sign in to follow this  
Skaldik

Waiting for character to create

I just installed arma 2 + AO + mod. Everything looks as it's supposed to as far as the installation guide goes but whenever I try to join a DayZ server though I seem to get into the server it kicks me out somehow showing me the server list again and in the background is "waiting for character to create".

I was wondering if the servers are just overloaded (since it's friday night) or if it's my bad.

EDIT: I kinda fixed it. I reinstalled the BattleEye Anticheat via Steam (rightclick on OA and select the option) and it works now. But I'm completly lost. I've nerver even seen such aweful controls -.- I'm gonna try to really play the game tomorrow though. Everythings should look better in daylight...

try using the six launcher to keep all your files up to date, as this is the main reason I experience this problem. Also, it helps to look through the keybinds and get an idea of what does what when you first start, I reset my keybinds to what is intuitive for me, which is esdf instead of wasd so I have my fingers on the keyboard the way it was designed (wasd never made sense to me). Also, moving over lets you have extra keybinds. I think resetting my keybinds helped me get the controls a lot better. Anyways, good luck.