redreversed

Endgame too boring

I find that when playing this game, once you're in the north (aside from a few places) you won't really find much people.

I got so desperate to actually have someone to find me that I started to throw flares around because I have all this lovely gear and feel pretty lonely.

I wouldn't mind shooting at eachother, thats always fun but teaming up is fine too.This is the moment people like to go back to cherno or elektro to shoot a few people.

I know Im gonna get a bunch of people saying to team up with friends, and I have but we got bored too.

There is no endgame at all.

Now a bunch of people are gonna say stuff like "Find people and heal them and stuff."No, thats not fun.

What you do in this game...

Find loot.

You use that loot to find better loot.Once youve got all that nice loot, you try to make a vehicle.

What do you use it for?To get more loot!

There needs to be more of an endgame...not organised though.

I don't want special pvp places or arenas.It just needs something.

Forgive me that I do not know what that something is...

EDIT:Please do not read this as me just complaining.I'm just saying what I think is an important issue.I do not expect this to be fixed soon or anything like that.:)

Edited by redreversed

Wants more endgame, but not organized endgame.

It needs you to make the game into what you want to do.

Some people do hatchet cult, some people do rescue squads, some bored kids do sniping in Cherno.

I run guns. See what I am getting at here?

Sandbox means make your own damn castle.

• Like 1

Im sorry what did you said? after reading topic name I didnt read anything else.

You said endgame? what end game? there no end game in current DayZ

Edited by evkol001

*cracks knuckles* well, time to get creative then!

[This thread] - Is a great inspiration!

Wow I've never seen that thread before.

Thanks!

• Like 2

it feels like rocket is losing his ambitious attitude, over time his update come slower and slower. the game should be already in beta now considering the amount of players.

rocket should already decide what his stand alone engine will be but he is still wishy washy. his competition will capitalize on this.

rocket should already receive a dedicated team and he should be giving out orders left and right, if he doesnt have a team under his control biohemia is just being way too cheap and he should be looking at other publishers willing to sign and fund this project.

Wants more endgame, but not organized endgame.

It needs you to make the game into what you want to do.

Some people do hatchet cult, some people do rescue squads, some bored kids do sniping in Cherno.

I run guns. See what I am getting at here?

Sandbox means make your own damn castle.

I understand that, but there needs to be more tools for endgame.

Hatchet cults and rescue squads don't exactly sound like fun, sorry.

*cracks knuckles* well, time to get creative then!

[This thread] - Is a great inspiration!

I wanna try the mad doctor so much haha!

• Like 1

it feels like rocket is losing his ambitious attitude, over time his update come slower and slower. the game should be already in beta now considering the amount of players.

rocket should already decide what his stand alone engine will be but he is still wishy washy. his competition will capitalize on this.

rocket should already receive a dedicated team and he should be giving out orders left and right, if he doesnt have a team under his control biohemia is just being way too cheap and he should be looking at other publishers willing to sign and fund this project.

That is a lot of advice to someone who already sold a million copies of a few year old game with a mod made in his spare time. What game did you make again?

• Like 1

Dudes and other crap. Rocket dont even have free time. He working on this project day and night. stop talking crap

• Like 1

I understand that, but there needs to be more tools for endgame.

Hatchet cults and rescue squads don't exactly sound like fun, sorry.

So figure it out? This is the base for things to come. You can't just shit out new code for every want and dream in short amounts of time.

Or take a break and come back in a few months when new stuff gets added.

Dudes and other crap. Rocket dont even have free time. He working on this project day and night. stop talking crap

he shouldnt be fixing bugs or coding, he should have underlings provided by biohemia for that already. he should give the team a vision and others make his vision come true. bugs and hackers will eat up all his resources (time) if he doesnt manage it well and try to fix everything himself. A project lead shouldnt be spending the majority of his time coding he should be giving everyone around him his vision and making sure others are ontime and stay true to his idea

Edited by BaitedHook

So figure it out? This is the base for things to come. You can't just shit out new code for every want and dream in short amounts of time.

Or take a break and come back in a few months when new stuff gets added.

I'm giving feedback, you're supposed to do that.

It just seems like all the proper feedback is buried under "Im quiting dayz cuz of all this pvp crap"

Death is endgame. There is no progression or gearscore in Day Z. There is no k/d ratio or promotion system. There are no levels. There is no bad guy. There is no plot to foil.

You can establish a little secluded home somewhere in Chernarus and live forever, but you won't have much fun. Fun is risky, but if you accept death as inevitable, the risk is dampened.

You play until you die, and then you play again, hopefully longer than last time.

There is only death. What you do before or after it is up to you.

they should add shovels and concrete mix and let us build forts underground. man this mod could get so cool.

I like it up in the North, only place I can relax. I was actually raiding Dubrovka not 3 days ago and I saw multiple flares while coming down from Black Mountain, they were heading southwest, maybe it was you? If so a trail of flares screams trap to me, next time line up flares to say HI in a big open field. I'm a loner but if i see something like that I'll be standing in the middle of it, danger be damned.

Death is endgame. There is no progression or gearscore in Day Z. There is no k/d ratio or promotion system. There are no levels. There is no bad guy. There is no plot to foil.

You can establish a little secluded home somewhere in Chernarus and live forever, but you won't have much fun. Fun is risky, but if you accept death as inevitable, the risk is dampened.

You play until you die, and then you play again, hopefully longer than last time.

There is only death. What you do before or after it is up to you.

I know, but the point I was trying to make in my first paragraph was that its hard to die if you don't enter towns or cities and it feels cheap to just TRY to die.

Maybe what would fix that is more ways to die.Actually, I would absolutely love more ways to die!

they should add shovels and concrete mix and let us build forts underground. man this mod could get so cool.

If you follow any of the interviews, this is supposedly exactly what rocket has planned.

I know, but the point I was trying to make in my first paragraph was that its hard to die if you don't enter towns or cities and it feels cheap to just TRY to die.

Maybe what would fix that is more ways to die.Actually, I would absolutely love more ways to die!

Ok, I see. Forgive me for taking the thread as another empty complaint. You make a good point and there have been many suggestions to make the world even more dangerous. Personally, I liked the ones about hostile wildlife or NPC factions.

Edited by Dingus

he shouldnt be fixing bugs or coding, he should have underlings provided by biohemia for that already. he should give the team a vision and others make his vision come true. bugs and hackers will eat up all his resources (time) if he doesnt manage it well

Stand-alone DayZ comming later this year. What more ppl want from him?????? He is not dumb cockroach but he is indeed very smart person. Its not even funny anymore how people who have no damn idea about whats going on with development or watever how everything works thinking that they are smarter then Rocket and telling him what to do

Edited by evkol001

Didn't think a zombie sim would become minecraft

I agree with the OP.

Hopefully the game itself will be fleshed out with more options and tools that allow for gameplay options.

(Find all the engine parts for the runaground cruise ship that is going to get you off the island...or whatever)

I kinda agree with you.

I spent a lot of time getting loot, A LOT of time (my character was alive for 19 days). After some time i got bored, and what people do in DayZ when they get bored? They hunt other players. And that's what i did. I went successful for a while but then i got killed.

And what do we do? We do everything again.

I'm not saying we need quests or anything like that, but something different to do would be nice, not just the regular loot, die, repeat.

Forgive me that I do not know what that something is...

We can forgive you for not knowing what that something is

What we can't forgive you though is not knowing what "Alpha" means

I know it's a cookie-cutter argument...but...complaining about lack of endgame content in an Alpha....really?

We can forgive you for not knowing what that something is

What we can't forgive you though is not knowing what "Alpha" means

I know it's a cookie-cutter argument...but...complaining about lack of endgame content in an Alpha....really?

Its feedback.

Like I said in an another post, every feedback is being burried under "Im quitting cuz of this stupid pvping".

Im not shouting for it to be fixed now.