digwood

Constantly spawning in Debug Forest (Plains edition)

I was playing yesterday just fine when I decided to log out and take a break for a few hours.

When I came back, I logged into the debug forest (or, rather, the plains).

I figured it was just a glitch, as it's happened once or twice before, and tried re-logging in. Debugged again. So, I switched servers. Debugged again. Redownloaded DayZ. Debugged again, even after trying 3 different servers.

I figured my game files might be corrupted, so I deleted and reinstalled both Arma II and OA. Still winding up in Debug Forest (plains).

My total consecutive logins to Debug Forest (plains) is now up to 18.

I've been playing just fine for a little over a week now, and I'm not sure what might have suddenly happened that I can't spawn correctly anymore.

Is there anything else I can try? I really would like to continue playing. :(

EDIT: I feel like I should also include the information that all of my weapons are gone, along with my pack and all items, except matches and a map.

I got the same thing. Had a coyote, DMR, GMP, etc... spawned without anything in these "debug plains". Apparently you can run south-east (use the stars or sun) for 10km and you'll be back in Chernarus, but there's not much point if all your gear is gone.

There is a thread to report this bug, where the dev's used to fix your character if you posted your ID (on your Arma player profile dialog), but they've stopped reading the thread / fixing characters it seems... so we're fucked.

I am spawning in the same area. I can't figure out how to get out. I bought the game for a friend and he is having the same problem. Please fix this or tell me how to.

Thanks

I just spawned in the wasteland (first time); a day ago I spawned in debug forest. After running for a good 30 minutes I changed servers and spawned in debug forest... this has been pretty damn irritating :P trying to play with my friends and rocking up almost the entire distance of the map away...

Please help! Anyone! someone see this thread! =D

I'm running Arma Free, this seems to be something that pops up here and there on the forums as an issue.

My gear is nothing unusual, my whereabouts haven't been special...

Not fun!

So running east worked for me as some people has suggested. It just takes a while.

Update: Running east got me to the main map but my friend and I met up and we could not see each other. we could hear gun shots and the glass of the store we were shooting but could not see each other. We gave up trying to play in hopes a patch may fix this.

hey all, ill explain how i got into and out of the debug plains, about a week ago i ran north up the east coast, just kept running and running to were the sea comes in like a cove, from that point, i ran north for about 40 mins, ended up in debug plains, so if i ran north, its obvious to run south right? (i got a compass btw) so ran south for about 50 mins ish, nothin but plains, so i logged out, logged back in, everyone now was spawnin in debug plains, i tryed running east for 40 - 50 mins, bored, logged out, logged back in, all spawning in the plains again!! grrrr, so now i try running west, i got some blutac, stuck my forward key down and just sat and watched, about 15 mins in, i see a cow, i gut it, 5 more mins running west, i see a goat, then a chicken, within about 40mins, i ended up up at the edge of the map south west were the road and the trainlines begin, i just ran east then till i came to kamenka, hope this helps

i ran north for about 40 mins' date=' so ran south for about 50 mins ish, i tryed running east for 40 - 50 mins, bored, logged out, logged back in, , i got some blutac, stuck my forward key down and just sat and watched, about 15 mins in, i see a cow, i gut it, 5 more mins running west, i see a goat, then a chicken, within about 40mins,

[/quote']

Oh dear. SO you spent all that time fucking about because some neckbeard has tried to run before walking in terms of releasing something that doesn't fucking work?

FFS!