Sign in to follow this  
BoudhaBanana

An idea for future dayz

BEFORE READING: im not saying i want this right now im saying that it would be great when the game is a lilte more finished.

so yea soon we will be able to create our own building and camps so after that the dayz world will enter in a new era were a sort of civilization will emerge.maybe even towns will be build by players who knows. and whit every civilization comes economy and trade.

So with that said im proposing to add some kind of currency in the future.and since its post apocaliptic well its not gonna be normal money like: bottle cap for exemple (totaly not a fallout ripoff) or the lil pins on the cans of coke.

What would it be for ? well im saying that we would need to implant some kind of npc merchants: some wondering in around chernarus and other placed strategically around and in big cities those merchant would sell :big guns,high level equipement(nvgs,maps,binocolars),tools(bear traps,wire fancing kit) and vehicules parts and all of that at high prices and SUPRA ULTRA low stacks that would only refresh once a week. ( all the items will still be lootable and we will still see the scavenging mechanics).

How would you get currency? well by making your own store or by selling directly to others.Players could only sell low level guns(makarov-hatchet),suplies(food,water,medical supplies) and bullets.

*players would not start with any currency MAINLY TO AVOID FARMING for exemple: kill youself come back take the money and restart.*

thats it! But here a lil finish word and this is how i think the dayz world should be seen: dayz is an unique world that grows and evoles.Think it that way: Dayz mod is realesed.day 0.No one has no idea of whats happening its like the day the outbreak and as the time goes on group starded forming,groups of people that want to live so badly that they kill for it(bandits), then people united against them(heroes) and some kind of structure made it out of this mess and people realized that its possible to live even in this mess so the logical next step for dayz should be what i staded on top.

like i said dayz has a world of his own betwen the hacks and bugs and KoS.It evoles.a civilization begins to rise. and you know what i think? i think that the step after the economy is politics(mayors:lawls).

*BUT KEEP IN MIND THAT I STILL WANT THE GAME TO STAY A SURVIVAL HORROR GAME AND NOT A RPG SO IN ALL THE ECONOMY AND SHIT KEEP IN MY THAT THE MAIN GOAL STANDS: SURVIVE.SO I WANT THOSE THING TO BE ADDED BUT I DONT WANT THEM TO CHANGE THE WHOLE GAME!!!*

Thx :)

I'm half and half for economy. What happens when you get the best equipment? What'll you even use the money for? The game should be about surviving, not living the good life.

As to NPCs, I'm 100% no.

I'm half and half for economy. What happens when you get the best equipment? What'll you even use the money for? The game should be about surviving, not living the good life.

As to NPCs, I'm 100% no.

Lets say this is added to dayz then by the time there will be way more content and let me tell you that the price would be supra high so getting to the end without being killed before well is tough since i also tough that the more money you got the more you look like a rich person like a'' rich-indicator'' making you a vunerable target to bandits.(not 100% sure with the rich skin thing)

and could you explain why you against the npc cause without them what would you do with currency?

Well first of all, I don't want currency, so that's not a good reason to use for NPCs.

Here's a reason for no currency that you brought up yourself. All currency will do is bring up more violence. People kill, take money, buy better gear. It'll turn this game into a deathmatch.

Currency will destroy the game.

Definitely no NPCs, this is DayZ not WoW, as for economy. Eh, surviving is supposed to be a challenge, trading should be a trusting game.. trust the person enough to lower your weapon, you're prolly gonna die. And if you became a "rich person" why would you leave your fortress of the wasteland eh? You would be able to hire people to do the life risking shit. Which is why I like what your saying, but I don't agree. Plus I was kinda hoping this would be a post for a future-style DayZ suggestion, think about it. Jet packs, lasers, zombies, "Whose "pew pew"ing in Cherno?"

• Like 2

thx ive done this threath to see what people think and i hope more ppl will do like you give there pros and cons for it :)

and for the pew pew in cherno my anwser is HEEEEEELLLLLL YEAAAAAA

Edited by BoudhaBanana
  • Like 1

Plus I was kinda hoping this would be a post for a future-style DayZ suggestion, think about it. Jet packs, lasers, zombies, "Whose "pew pew"ing in Cherno?"

Hahahaha XD

But dont you think it will be a good idea just to test it like put it in game and see the feedback and if it terribly fails then removing it the week after