Sign in to follow this  
Conaire

Randomly getting amazing gear?

so i was sitting around in dayz when all of a sudden i have an AS50... M4 CCO SD, packpack full of amazing gear ammo and a NV + Range finder, as well as my 2 friends sitting right next to me... what just happened? we switched server in fear that a hacker just did it and would instant kill the server so we switch server, went to another and theres a dead body near us with all the same gear?

Did every Dayz Player just get this or not?

Another update, were sitting on this new server for less than 5 minutes and a random guy runs up with all the same gear as us and starts shooting, i shot him twice in the back with the AS50, he died normaly... im so confused, what the hell is going on

I had a similar thing happen to me yesterday.

hackers mate....

No doubt :P

But why would it happen on 2 completely different servers one after another? that's what didn't make sense to me... was making this wondering did everyone everywhere get this gear all of a sudden.

I had a hacker come up to me once and ask if I wanted a car. I said no thanks but ill take some loot. Next thing I know I have all top tier items in the game.

Happened to me yesterday too. Suddenly had all sorts of decent gear.

Reported it as a bug but reading up a bit more it looks as though it could be a hacker.

Yes, that's a hacker script, and it can be applied to an entire server.

Now everyone on that server has identical gear. You get to keep your gear, for better or worse.

Yes this is the work of a hacker. If in future any gear is given to you that you know is not in the game, please destroy it for the good of the community :)