Sign in to follow this  
Izziee

If battle eye were to..

Merge their database with VAC, Punkbuster etc etc and visa versa, do you think this would counter the issue, since now being banned from one MP would end up being banned from all.

Just curious what you think, it obviously would never happen.

Completely different systems that target completely different games and engines.

It is ALOT more complicated than that..

Its like saying "why can't a heavy duty minding truck wheel fit on my bike."

Completely different systems that target completely different games and engines.

It is ALOT more complicated than that..

Its like saying "why can't a heavy duty minding truck wheel fit on my bike."

I think you misunderstand. It seems they are just advocating banning someone who cheats in one, from all.

Wouldn't work because there's no way to tie a person that has been banned playing BF3 to a different game. You'd need some way to connect all the games to one player that could be recognised by all 3 anti-cheat programs. The only thing I can think off would be an ip address but for some people these change so it's not reliable which is why games use a unique ID specific and unique to that game.

I think you misunderstand. It seems they are just advocating banning someone who cheats in one, from all.

Exactly. It really isn't any more complicated than that :P Considering PB goes across a wide range of games and engines, it can be and is done. If they merged, then they would obviously use a universal system.

Wouldn't work because there's no way to tie a person that has been banned playing BF3 to a different game. You'd need some way to connect all the games to one player that could be recognised by all 3 anti-cheat programs. The only thing I can think off would be an ip address but for some people these change so it's not reliable which is why games use a unique ID specific and unique to that game.

VAC does it by the players GUID across a whole host of games run on steam. As I've already stated, implementing a universal system across the board wouldn't be hard so long as the developers were for it, and considering they already install the anti cheat software, and many DRM crap, it wouldn't be any different.

It really isn't any more complicated than that :P

It's a lot more complicated than that. There's no way to identify someone on Punkbuster and VAC, since they use different systems of identification. Same with Battle Eye.

The most likely way to accomplish a system like that is to implement some sort of key based on the user's hardware (some DRM has this now, like Ubisoft's games) that all of the anti cheat tools would share.

Edited by redsh1rt

It's a lot more complicated than that. There's no way to identify someone on Punkbuster and VAC, since they use different systems of identification. Same with Battle Eye.

Which is the point of MERGING them