Sign in to follow this  
TheMachine

Rocket - shut down the alpha test if you ever expect to get ppls money

I dont really know how we are supposed to test the game when hackers manipulate it so easily and devastating

we arent experiencing dayZ at the moment, but only the script techniques of arma2

and trust me, once your server gets a little popular, hackers will ruin your day

Regardless of how many people bought arma just for dayz BI won't release any patches that break core arma milsim functionality (client injected scrip[ting) while dayz is still officially a mod. So I do not expect any changes before standalone unfortunately.

Edited by ZlobaRUS54

I really hope he does not listen to you.

oh he wont. its pretty obvious he doesnt even look here anymore.

i simply refuse to believe that the few who want the mod closed down actually also think that would happen..that rocket would destroy his mod cos of some trolls multi accounting and spamming a forum he doesnt read? when numbers continue to rise?

btw i hope numbers fall. i hope they are halved. i hope some cartoony shit comes along for the smacktards. i seriously hope so

I actually completely agree with the OP here and thought the same thing prior to reading this thread. Even if it would suck not to be able to play the game for a while.

But no one is paying for DayZ in its current state. You pay for ARMA.

A standalone version will presumably have superior hacking protection.

Rocket cannot do anything about the hacking - it's the core engine of Arma 2 that's the "problem" - I use that word very tenuously. Arma 2's target playerbase was meant for serious players who want to simulate real life combat as possible and were given tools given to script/modify/create things in the game (specifically custom missions). It was not geared towards griefers which the Youtube community ultimately attracted because of the major publicity.

The best thing that can happen for now (that is realistic) is for servers to get better admin tools.

Agreed +1

I play DayZ for at least 8 hours a day/night and I have never come across any hackers thats just luck I guess and I could see how annoying it would be if I did come across hackers so I agree in a way.

Edited by Uncle-Thugs

There will most likely come a time when DayZ has to shut down, for X amount of time. Whether it's for a major update, or in prep for going standalone, but that time is not now. DayZ is too big now and despite most people understanding it's a free mod for ArmA2, I daren't even imagine the shitstorm that would follow from people complaining they can't play DayZ and wasted 30 bucks on Combined Ops just to play it.Whether their 'customer complaints' are legit or not, they will go nuts, guaranteed.

We just have to grin and bear it for now until the team can put an end to it (which isn't likely to be 100% until standalone and even then...).

the grass ain't always greener on the other side

standalone might never happen. hacking might be worse. the world might end next week. the future is very uncertain

• Like 2