I am assuming that the spawn point for all those alive and who travel between the servers is located at one location, at Kamenka?

I ask because last night i travelled through 7 servers and all my spawn locations were at Kamenka, on the beach.

Now on one server, UK1, it had two bandits at the spawn location, waiting for players and it was soon obvious from the start what they were up to, as a mad panic chase was on the go, eventually i eluded them.

So the thought occurs to me, if my assumption is correct then it is blindingly obvious, this spawn location is a rich pickings spot, for bandits or survivors starting off again.

If i am correct about the default spawn location at Kamenka, for survivors who are still alive and travelling through servers, can we please change it to various spawn locations on the map please?

It's a bug, brought by a bad server corrupting the database, IIRC. See hive 0.9.1 posts. Player's locations got lost somewhere during the chaos. I am not sure if it has been fixed completely, but last night it saved my new position correctly. Please continue discussion in appropriate troubleshooting topic.

See here:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7045&pid=62966#pid62966'>http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7045&pid=62966#pid62966

Others to read:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7045

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6872

I suggest closing this :) if you have issues still, post them in the bug reports/troubleshooting please :)

If you traveled through 7 servers without dying/manually respawning your character, you'd end up in the same spot in all 7 servers. Its a persistent mod.

If you traveled through 7 servers without dying/manually respawning your character' date=' you'd end up in the same spot in all 7 servers. Its a persistent mod.

[/quote']

It's a bug, nothing to do with being a persistent mod. Though your comment did make me laugh.

A persistent mod is defined where you start where you left, not having to go back to the same beach every time you change servers. I was reaching the airport on all 7 servers.

The fact you don’t spawn at the same spot every time you restart a game on the same server that you keep playing on, should have given you a clue to the fact.

I suggest closing this :) if you have issues still' date=' post them in the bug reports/troubleshooting please :)

[/quote']

No issues it was a suggestion if you read more carefully :), Hence why i posted it in the "DAY z suggestions" :) the correct place.

The clue was in the last sentence " can we please change it to various spawn locations on the map please?"

That is a suggestion. :)

Obviously the command of the English language is not a priority for you.

May I remind you, o mighty lectioner on English, that this is an international forum. *facepalm*

If you are so keen on proper English, perhaps editing the title of your suggestion from something so ambiguous as "Kamenka" into something a bit more understandable like "Change default respawn location" would make more sense to others.

Back to your suggestion - I still do not understand it completely, because your text allows for different interpretations.

Are you saying that all the random respawn locations that existed before were changed to one only at Kamenka? Did you die on every 7 of those servers and respawned at Kamenka? Then it's a bug and falls into Bug Reports. Or did you disconnect, tried a different server, travelled without dying, and found yourself back at Kamenka after reconnecting again? Then it's a bug again. Perhaps you should give the threads I linked a reading. They mentioned two things: locations being reset (happened to me as well) due to corrupted database and locations not saving, due to issues with servers probably not being up to date to latest Hive version. As far as I know, the default respawn location is NOT ONLY at Kamenka. There are several all along the coast.

I dunno - but I just googled Kamenka spawn because no matter if I die, or log out - whatever I do, and wherever I leave from - it will ONLY spawn me at the SW-est corner of the map, BEFORE Kamenka. It takes like 20-30 minutes just to GET anywhere from there. So damn annoying.