Sign in to follow this  
g2knee

Swimming adjustment

Suggestion: Gear should not be automatically lost while swimming. Backpacks are tied/zipped closed. Cargo pockets have buttons. If something is too heavy to swim with, player can risk drowning or drop the items manually.

Auto-losing items while swimming doesn't make sense in this situation, unless the items are loose in the players front pockets.

Its a mechanic to add additional weight to the do or do not decision making process. Though losing things sucks when your simply grabbing some water.

Yes, I understand its a system to make swimming risky and add to the decision making process...but the risk should be even riskier: drowning. To avoid it, you should have to choose which items you release to make you more buoyant. Not random equipment loss, which is kind of odd and doesn't make sense.

That's my suggestion.

i think swimming should definately be improved, under water exploration has massive potential after watching arma 3 trailer. arma 3 surprisingly looks very very decent.

Arma 3, and hopefully DayZ ported to it, is the solution to this problem.

As for loosing gear while swimming in the current version what you suggest is unrealistic. If you are already swimming in 20 ft of water with your pack on your back you aren't going to be able to take it off, open it and sort through what you want to dispose of. That's why the game does it for you. Don't want to loose your gear randomly? Leave your pack on the shore or some of the excess weight before you go for that dip.