Sign in to follow this  
Veni Vidi Vici

New to Game

Hi I'm new to the game but I know that you are supposed to start with a makorav and some other gear but the first time I spawned I had painkillers bandage flashlight and 1 makarov mag

Can someone please explain what happened to my spawn gear

With new update to DayZ there is no gun at start. So you must loot some dock or build zone to loot hatchet, or find some out of town farm. Best to avoid town at start untill you dont have something to protect yourself, or you will have later bother in "benny hill" with hordes of zombie and looking places to shake them off. For me total stupid, should be at least some weak melee weapon.

As people have already said you no longer spawn with a gun. I actually disagree with the person above me, imo your best bet at the start is to run straight into one of the major cities on the coast and loot what you can, after all you have nothing to lose when you first spawn. It kinda depends on whether you are on a very populated server or not, on one with 40+ people it's pretty much impossible to run around the big cities with no weapon and survive.

• Like 1