DigitalBoy

Partially Used Ammo Mag at 0 on login

Date/Time: May 25, 2012 ~12:00pm CDT

What happened:

Logged out w/ ~15 rounds in my MP5SD (last magazine)

When I logged back in, 0 rounds.

Where you were:

NE Airfield

What you were doing:

Logging out, then back in a short while later

*Current installed version: 1.5.8.4

*Server(s) you were on: Unknown

*Your system specs:

Irrelevant?

Intel Core i7-2600K @ 3.4GHz

8GB RAM

Radeon HD 6850 x2 (CrossFire) Catalyst 12.3

Windows 7 Ultimate 64b

*Timeline of events before/after error: Had full (last) magazine of MP5SD ammo loaded. Shot about 15 rounds, with 15 left, logged off.

Logged bag in a short while later, and ammo showed 0.

i think what happens is that if you have more than half it refills when you log in and if you have half or less it takes away the mag.

Also encountered both of the issues described above. Not sure if it actually refills when you have more than a half. But sometimes it do in fact refill your not fully used mag (I had it refilled both with more and less than a half full), and other times it takes the mag away (again it didn't matter whether it was more or less than half full). Guess it evens it out in a way :) And there are some other bugs that should be addressed first.

yup same here with the MP5 not sure of other weps, new server, & a full clip if 50% or was left over

Empty clip if less.

Isn't this a feature?

UPDATE : 8 MAY 2012

* [NEW] Server will sometimes remove a partially used magazine on disconnect.

+1 here, have had my mags removed on a few occasions, just happened again now. :( am in the middle of NWAF with NO ammo, lol... Ninja Beast Mode ACTIVATE!

Same thing happened to my last AK-74 mag with 14 rounds left. I was north of Novy Sobor at the time on (I think) Ohio 3.

Just a heads up guys, players were using half of all their magazines and then relogging so the game filled them up again, to prevent it Rocket made the game occasionally delete a mag that has rounds missing, it stops the mechanic being abused.

I'm also getting this issue, I don't see why Rocket can't just make it so you get the original amount of rounds that you had when you disconnected, not making it so you basically get punished for disconnecting by removing a mag that has less then 50% ammo.

I had 0 bullets in my G17 mag in Rog castle, I crashed before I could reload, I come back, and it had removed TWO of my mags, instead of just auto reloading the weapon, this had to be addressed also.

I don't see why Rocket can't just make it

ArmA 2 is why. It's impossible to create a mag in ArmA 2 that isn't full. Every time you log in everything on your char that was saved get's loaded and when it comes to a mag all it looks for is it's presence.

Yea, the game probably just uses the addMagazine command to set your character back to it's previous state. Maybe you could have your character shoot off a few rounds in the debug forest or wherever but that probably wouldn't work too well.

Seems like this feature has been disabled or tweaked in 1.7, don't think I have lost any partial mags yet, that I'm aware of.

I lost one under half capacity.

But it can be also because server crashed.