Sign in to follow this  
JDM (DayZ)

How to stop some hackers?

Dayz staff, Allow server passwords. im paying $50 a month to have hackers just come in my server and kill everyone.

• Like 1

Dayz staff, Allow server passwords. im paying $50 a month to have hackers just come in my server and kill everyone.

Blame Rocket for that. I agree if you're paying $40-50 a month for a server, you SHOULD be able to lock the server. But its retarded.

I don't think its a matter of being able to password your servers, Dayz isnt meant for the individual who is paying to be able to play by his lonesome with a few friends, its meant for everyone which is why rocket made passwording taboo, he needs people to make servers public so he can see the data being poured in and out of hive, so he can fix bugs.

It's arbitrary i know, and frustrating considering we shell out of our pocket for people to use it for free, for hackers to come in and screw stuff up, for whiney babies who call us admins "shitheads" for kicking them because they have 900 ping.

however from the bean king (rockets) perspective, he shells out ALOT more than we do, all poured into this mod to do what he can, its still in alpha, hackers are gonna hack.

but he doesnt even get to play the game he is spending money to make. not to mention time and effort daily poured into upgrading the game into a beta.

they just need to address the hacking.

or allow us admins to use a tool that lets us have more control over our server than the average joe. a tool that allows us to see a hacker in and out of our servers.

yes such a tool may be considered a hack itself but its better than letting hackers run rampant with such a tool we can know the GUIDs, have legitimate proof that they were "teleporting" or "spawning things" or whatever

ban them locally and then submit our report to the dayz devs for a global ban. Dayz needs to let us admins help! by branching out the work of taking down hackers it will be a lot more efficient

the dayz dev team could even develop the tool themselves so that any data or local bans are sent to them so they can verify the hacker and also tell an abusive admin from a non abusive one.

Edited by Camper-joe
  • Like 1

I don't think its a matter of being able to password your servers, Dayz isnt meant for the individual who is paying to be able to play by his lonesome with a few friends, its meant for everyone which is why rocket made passwording taboo, he needs people to make servers public so he can see the data being poured in and out of hive, so he can fix bugs.

It's arbitrary i know, and frustrating considering we shell out of our pocket for people to use it for free, for hackers to come in and screw stuff up, for whiney babies who call us admins "shitheads" for kicking them because they have 900 ping.

however from the bean king (rockets) perspective, he shells out ALOT more than we do, all poured into this mod to do what he can, its still in alpha, hackers are gonna hack.

but he doesnt even get to play the game he is spending money to make. not to mention time and effort daily poured into upgrading the game into a beta.

they just need to address the hacking.

or allow us admins to use a tool that lets us have more control over our server than the average joe. a tool that allows us to see a hacker in and out of our servers.

yes such a tool may be considered a hack itself but its better than letting hackers run rampant with such a tool we can know the GUIDs, have legitimate proof that they were "teleporting" or "spawning things" or whatever

ban them locally and then submit our report to the dayz devs for a global ban. Dayz needs to let us admins help! by branching out the work of taking down hackers it will be a lot more efficient

the dayz dev team could even develop the tool themselves so that any data or local bans are sent to them so they can verify the hacker and also tell an abusive admin from a non abusive one.

You want to know what frustrates me?

We had people on our server item spawning today, if you check my post you can see I came to the forums requesting help, anyway we noticed some guy flying in the air with his Character scanning the map doing all kinds of weird shit so I try to access the control panel and Ban this guy every damn time I try to log in to the game admin control panel I get kicked off.

So I make announcement and take the server down because I can't do anything else to help the situation. then you get all these guys coming at me with Admin Abuse "how he turned the server off when we discovered a golden poo on the ground". I pay £41 for this server for few months now, and I try and manage it as fairly as I can but is getting to the point where I just can't be arsed to deal with all this issues and not be able to do anything about it.

Edited by OutlawXGP

You want to know what frustrates me?

We had people on our server item spawning today, if you check my post you can see I came to the forums requesting help, anyway we noticed some guy flying in the air with his Character scanning the map doing all kinds of weird shit so I try to access the control panel and Ban this guy every damn time I try to log in to the game admin control panel I get kicked off.

So I make announcement and take the server down because I can't do anything else to help the situation. then you get all these guys coming at me with Admin Abuse "how he turned the server off when we discovered a golden poo on the ground". I pay £41 for this server for few months now, and I try and manage it as fairly as I can but is getting to the point where I just can't be arsed to deal with all this issues and not be able to do anything about it.

lol i know exactly how you feel, i had to shutdown the server and then got a few people complaining about admin abuse how i shut down the server because someone killed me

thing is. i wasnt even playing.

you get a million and one idiots with no proof running around the forums complaining because their mother never loved them enough as a child. also admins are the one getting a bad rap because? hackers are anonymous most of the time. they cant blame the hacker they have no idea who the hacker was, so who is there to blame? the guy who operates the server.

ive stopped giving a flying poo about babies in my server, because they wouldnt have proof no matter how many screenshots it takes =P im a fair admin, if theres a hacker i shut it down to deter him thats about all i can do. i dont have acess to script logs to find out who is the culprit all i have is ping kicking and shutting down to combat hacking.

Its just one of those things we have to bear with until they sort out the hacking issue, which is more of a BI and BE problem than dayz.

Edited by Camper-joe