nikiller

Want to be better at PvP?

hi,

Changing your FOV will increase your game performances, give you more peripheral vision, helps in CQC. Moreover you will feel more confortable with the first person view.

If you want to change FOV in ArmA2:

- Browse to C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\My documents\ArmA 2

- Open YourName.ARMA2OAPROFILE file

- Make a backup

- Scroll down to fovTop and fovLeft

- Multiply both values the same (i.e: values 0.75 and 1.20 become 0.975 and 1.56 when multiplied by 1.3).

- Save the file

- Test and repeat the operation until you feel comfortable with the new FOV.

- Enjoy.

Be sure to find the best compromise between peripheral and center vision

I use the following settings with my 22'' monitor:

fovTop=0.98;

fovLeft=1.57;

cya.

Nikiller.

Edited by Nikiller
  • Like 4

Hmm it seems that this is the key to 3DP off servers. Peripheral vision is my number one argument for using 3DP. IRL we have it, so in-game we should compensate for not having it through going 3rd person. I did not know we could fisheye it like this. Cheers to you and some beanz.

hi,

Hmm it seems that this is the key to 3DP off servers. Peripheral vision is my number one argument for using 3DP. IRL we have it, so in-game we should compensate for not having it through going 3rd person. I did not know we could fisheye it like this. Cheers to you and some beanz.

Yes I agree. It will bring more players on hardcore servers, the way the game is meant to be played.

cya.

Nikiller.

• Like 1

hi,

BUMP since it is overun by complaining and complaining about the complainer topic. I think this tip is very usefull for new players.

cya.

Nikiller.

• Like 1

this is a fantastic thread! I entered the values you use and then double tapped - I can almost see behind me O_o

I definitely do not have my FOV set to the equivalent of 90 degrees and 'toggle zoom out' bound to middle mouse for epic 3DP abuse. ^_^

Hopefully this will be fixed in the standalone, it should be the same for everyone imo. Also I've been told is messes up the shooting through a scoped rifle.

• Like 1

Hopefully this will be fixed in the standalone, it should be the same for everyone imo. Also I've been told is messes up the shooting through a scoped rifle.

No, hopefully there will be an option to adjust FOV in the in-game options settings so that it's there for everyone to see. Adjustable FOV is a must for PC games, playing on a 23' monitor with the default ArmA FOV makes me feel like my face is inside my monitor.

Yeah supposedly it doesn't help when you are trying to rangefind. As i'm only a n00b I don't think it's in my best interests atm

Freelook is there for a reason......

/sigh

some people bitch more here about first person than I've seen bitchers and moaners in CS:S period

You'd swear you'd never played a PC FPS before in your life...

Also, its not called "F"PS for nothing......

you can also adjust your FOV by double-tapping num minus. this will zoom out your view permanently.

but as mentioned this is marginally useful on 3rd person servers. if you really want to improve at pvp download a shooting range mod and spend some time learning arma 2 ballistics and weapon characteristics

Using the toggle zoom-out sets it way too high. If you do it properly you can select an FOV value that you're comfortable with. Also, zoom-out doesn't work when holding certain weapons.

Here's a good guide to properly modifying your FOV in ArmA...

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/31609-ultimate-fov-field-of-view-guide-for-arma-2-and-dayz-from-dayzpvpcom/