Sign in to follow this  
tdubs96

major fps issues... not stable at all

Hi there i have been playing dayz now for a couple of weeks and i have now realized that i can not deal with my fps stability issues... it will run smooth for like 1 minute then jump all over the place down to like 7 fps then to 20 then back up to smooth... i have a very good nvidia graphics card which should run the game on high settings with no problems at all but that doesnt seem to be the case... i also have noticed that my laptop get VERY hot while playing which may be the problem also but i dont know how to cool it down... any help would be greatly appreciated.

video card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 460M

processor: Intel® Core i7-2820 QM CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz

Well first off, its a laptop :P Get a desktop for games, espically Arma 2, arma 2 ive heard is a CPU intensive game, dont quote me on that but its what ive heard. But then again DayZ is only in Alpha stages, so expect better FPS when the mod progresses :D

one other thing btw i have more ram in this thing then in medium grade desktops

Well yeah, laptops are not made for gaming in the first place.

There some laptop stands which have cooling fans installed. But that's a crappy solution if you ask me.

If the game runs smooth if you start playing and gets worse and worse after time passes it might be a cooling issue.

If not, it's probably that ArmA II is not all that good with nVidia graphix

yes it starts very smooth and then when i play more it goes down down down down down.... any hints on helping my card stay cool?

I have a 6 year old vista desktop, 8600 nvidia and I think 2046mb of ram? I can run this game at 20fps on low or normal settings but only on a fresh restart, could your computer be getting bogged down from a server that hasn't restarted in forever? Mine goes down to 9 on a usual 6 hour no restart and 3-6 on a 12-16 hour no restart. I doubt it has much to do but it could.

this is only a 1 year old comp and i guess that is possible buck but i dont really have the resources (like a server that i can restart) to test it out on