Sign in to follow this  
Gh0stsnyper

Why battleye?

So me and my friend have been on a roll for the past 3 days, finding clan camps and getting awesome equipment. During that we were attacked by 4 different hackers on 4 different servers, 2 of them had invincibility, they all could teleport to us and one teleported everyone in the server to one spot. We lost tons of gear and 3 cars and 2 trucks, but we moved on because we took most of that stuff from other people. Then my friend gets on today and he dies on spawn and goes to that wierd no mans land. We relogged to another server and he is back on the coast with all his stuff. A couple of minutes later he gets globally banned.

Now that we researched the gun and found that the m40a5 we found in a hippy van doesn't exist, we found out that is most likely why he got banned. So my friend got banned because he didn't know the gun was hacked. Why is that his fault if he didn't know they didn't add a new gun?

I know this must just be spam to most people but it really frustrates me that we've been attacked by so many hackers and then one of us gets banned because we accidentally picked up one of the hacker's weapons. Battleye should ban the person who put the gun into the game, not the guy who just so happens to pick it up. Maybe Battleye is just too lazy to get rid of the gun so they just ban the person instead.

As of now I am just venting so some of this may not make any sense, I'm just really frustrated with battleye at the moment.

@Guz

My friend said that all people will say is "screw you, you're just a hacker", so out of frustration I just posted this. It really helped too, I feel a lot better now that I did vent.

You may ask "why were you angry, you didn't get banned." but basically half of me did get banned, we were a team and are now broken up since he doesn't feel like paying another 30 dollars to player again.

He was right too, first post and already someone was speculating that he was a hacker, so I guess I deserve that.

I was also globally banned after taking stuff from a thunderdome even then server hopping to not die, the next day I was global banned #4314, I've sent 2 emails to Battleye over the past 5 days and no response.. very bad anti-cheat system.

• Like 1

The only way you could get banned is if you're hacking, not if you pick up any weapons from a hacker. I trust Rocket on what he says about the Anti Cheating system, so call me a sheep if you will. However, he's brought us this far, into an amazing, entertaining, adrenaline pumping adventure and I would like to keep following him through this superb experience.

That being said, your friend is indeed a hacker, and the sooner you can get over that, the sooner you can continue playing. Tell him to buya new key and play legit. Otherwise he'll keep getting banned.

Edited by Sammy101

That being said, your friend is indeed a hacker, and the sooner you can get over that, the sooner you can continue playing. Tell him to buya new key and play legit. Otherwise he'll keep getting banned.

I know for a fact that he isn't a hacker, but I also know as a fact that you will refuse to believe me.

Edited by Gh0stsnyper

afaik BE is really good about only banning hackers and rocket has specifically said that you won't get banned for simply picking up a hacked gun--only get banned for spawning it in.

there's a good chance he actually was hacking and doesn't want to appeal it because he knows he'll lose the appeal.

So me and my friend have been on a roll for the past 3 days, finding clan camps and getting awesome equipment. During that we were attacked by 4 different hackers on 4 different servers, 2 of them had invincibility, they all could teleport to us and one teleported everyone in the server to one spot. We lost tons of gear and 3 cars and 2 trucks, but we moved on because we took most of that stuff from other people. Then my friend gets on today and he dies on spawn and goes to that wierd no mans land. We relogged to another server and he is back on the coast with all his stuff. A couple of minutes later he gets globally banned.

Now that we researched the gun and found that the m40a5 we found in a hippy van doesn't exist, we found out that is most likely why he got banned. So my friend got banned because he didn't know the gun was hacked. Why is that his fault if he didn't know they didn't add a new gun?

I know this must just be spam to most people but it really frustrates me that we've been attacked by so many hackers and then one of us gets banned because we accidentally picked up one of the hacker's weapons. Battleye should ban the person who put the gun into the game, not the guy who just so happens to pick it up. Maybe Battleye is just too lazy to get rid of the gun so they just ban the person instead.

As of now I am just venting so some of this may not make any sense, I'm just really frustrated with battleye at the moment.

I just put this here.

"Not knowing the Law doesn't mean you don't need to obey it."

The only way you could get banned is if you're hacking, not if you pick up any weapons from a hacker. I trust Rocket on what he says about the Anti Cheating system, so call me a sheep if you will. However, he's brought us this far, into an amazing, entertaining, adrenaline pumping adventure and I would like to keep following him through this superb experience.

This is complete bullshit. I myself and a few of my friends have been banned for no reason at all. So don't keep using that fucking excuse, it's not valid.

That is bullshit... you can run around with an hacked in weapon all day and all week without getting banned...

You only get banned if you hack shit in, and you do not get banned at the same time as the system catch you red handed...

The only way you could get banned is if you're hacking, not if you pick up any weapons from a hacker.

Actually you will get banned if you loot SPAWNED in items even when your not a hacker , It happened in the machinima live stream of dayz and it happened here too, At 9:16 he got banned even when he just looted a hacker

Actually you will get banned if you loot SPAWNED in items even when your not a hacker , It happened in the machinima live stream of dayz and it happened here too, At 9:16 he got banned even when he just looted a hacker

haha Yea he ws banned But that Was old battle eye they updated unless you got banned 3 mouths ago you hacked

and jets arnt jets in dayZ so a admin saw then and then banned him and sent a report to battle eye

Edited by ShadowGamer

The answer is, don't hack. If you got hit by BE, bye bye.

I kinda hate this mentality of "BATLEi IS RIGHT SO FUCK YOU" No ban system is right 100% of the time. Much less one that does a major hacker scare like this.

Here's the funny thing, a few days after this post, battleye found a global ban problem. So guess what? It's not infallible, and people that don't deserve to get banned are getting banned.

Myself included. Found a fully fueled, fully repaired Helo next to the Lighthouse between Cherno and Elektro, right next to the crash site and corpse of a player. Got in, flew it around. Died tonight in it in a freak accident (damn thing slid 20 feet into the woods. It got damaged before the blades could fully spin up...oddly enough, kept self-repairing when I popped in and out of it...it slid into a clearing, I got off the ground about 10 feet when the rotor hit a nearby tree after the helo moved slightly, and it crashed and blew up...well, that last part was my own stupidity...shouldn't have tried to save it). Spawned in again, died to zombies less than 2 minutes later after getting trapped in a small building. Spawned in again, played a little while, logged out to go help with things around the house, logged back in, BAM, global ban.

So you see, it very much is possible for this sort of thing to happen. Believe me or not; last cheat codes I used in a game was in Duke Nukem 3D back in 98, last time I played it.