josh1113160

Disappearing Vehicles

Hey there guys!

I am one of the server admins for UK124 and we have been having some trouble with vehicles on our server. It seems as though after every restart, any vehicles we find disappear into thin air. I know that sometimes tents and vehicles can disappear temporarily and that they reappear usually after a single restart but these vehicles have not been present since they vanished.

At first, we though that it may be down to scripters moving the vehicles to a secluded location, however since this problem happened every time a restart occurred, i believe this not to be the case. My other theory is that our server may not have been updated with the 0.7.2 server-side hotfix that was intended to fix 'Vehicle desync'.

Our current server hosts 'Vilayer' have gave us two separate comments on the support channel in team speak, one stating that the server had been updated with the hotfix, and another stating it had not. Does our problem seem to be related to the 'vehicle desync' that the hotfix was created to fix, or is it a bug that people are suffering from across the board?

Can any other server admins who are with Vilayer confirm if they are having a similar problem?

Thanks for any replies!

REC5| Josh

Edited by josh1113160

Well, since you can check which version of software you are running on "your" server, just go ahead and check it..

Well, since you can check which version of software you are running on "your" server, just go ahead and check it..

Unfortunately, im not sure where we can check the servers HIVE version, some guidance would be greatly appreciated. :)

Edited by josh1113160

I don't believe you can check the Hive version. It should be automatically updated by Vilayer to the most recent.

Edited by iHighland

Can I ask when you first noticed this problem as me and my clan mates play on your server and we logged in on 2nd August to find all our vehicles gone but our tents were still full and had not been touched.

We have had same issue on another vilayer server UK191 and sometimes the vehicles reappear and then disappear.

We noticed it close to 2 weeks ago. We thought our camp had been raided because our 2 atvs, hatchback and van disappeared but tents were intact. A few items were missing from tents so we thought we were raided. We packed up some stuff and headed further north. we placed some tents and moved our most valuables things north, We got luck and found a truck and 2 atvs and a motorcycle. We thought things were good and then we noticed alot fo activity around our camp again and decided to move before it was found. So we moved east and we had a good setup. vehicles lasted about 2 days and then they were gone, we though we were raided but this time we kept vehicles empty and all the good stuff was in tents. We couldn't fathome why someone would steal 4 empy vehicles and not fill them first. We thought it might be hackers summoning vehicles becuse the server got bad for awhile.. So we were just gonna let the server run out and play on another. But we found the same thing happening on other vilayer servers.

Since returning back to our server wehave found a atv that disappeared the next day and bicycles and other small vehicles that just keep disappearing after restarts.

So we started asking questions to the vilayer guys but not getting anywhere. So your not alone :)

REC5| Fyrex

I and my clan play on a german server and this bug makes the game almost unplayable.

It took us a whole day to repair a fully damaged UAZ. We drove to the camp and next day it was gone - we found it respawned at the spawnpoint (totally damaged again of course). No loot at the tents was touched and the car was empty.

We then had the same experience with two motorcycles - twice!

Also at that time 4 of our 5 tents started to eat items (crap items kept disappearing) and the first tent we set up started to have rolebacks (same, awesome loot kept spawning after every server restart).

All of my clanmates stopped playing dayz because of this until there is a fix :(

Edited by krunsH

Yea, this bug needs to be fixed. Losing vehicles to other players doesn't upset me as much as losing it to a restart. In my eyes someone stealing a vehicle is fair play and id much rather see it going to use in other hands if not our own but now nobody gets to use them which is a real shame. For now, we will all have to stick to tents for storage and hope to the high heavens the problem is sorted soon. Lets just hope we can get some working tents...

REC5| Josh

To be honest we thought that you guys (REC5) had raided our camp and taken our vehicles last Thursday night as you were the only clan with members on at the time. Glad it was a bug to be honest as this means our camp isn't compromised. We had 2 UAV's, a bus, two ATV's, a GAZ, a motorbike and a bicycle so still a bit annoyed =/.

To be honest we thought that you guys (REC5) had raided our camp and taken our vehicles last Thursday night as you were the only clan with members on at the time. Glad it was a bug to be honest as this means our camp isn't compromised. We had 2 UAV's, a bus, two ATV's, a GAZ, a motorbike and a bicycle so still a bit annoyed =/.

No haha, we haven't seen any vehicles for a while, and certainly not at any camps we have come across. The only vehicle we found by a camp was a helicopter, but that too vanished after a restart :(.

I have had the same issue with the helicopters we had the first time we had it we flown it to our camp and saved it. About 2 hours later after the restart the heli was gone. And it ended up back at the spawn point. I really am considering to lower my game time on DayZ until this issue is fixed. Its hard finding the parts to fix it and have tents not save the right way.

Hey INC Garro, Ya we havn't found any vehicles at any camps at all. For 2 weeks we have been checking all the spawn points and nothing. So we started going camp hunting, found a few camps but zero vehicles. We try other servers and find tons of vehicles at the spawn points. No idea what the issue is to be honest, we have tried vilayer but they keep telling us they will let us know but they never reply back. Its getting annoying.

Also Garro, Better start thinking about protecting your camp from the air. :) On another server we had the perfect setup, 2 ATV, VS3 Civilian and a nice spot for our camp and it got raided after 1 night. Dang helicopters.

REC5| Fyrex

Well we moved camps anyway, the old one is still there though but not likely to catch anyone in it ;) . Have seen a chopper flying around a fair bit recently, that you guys? :P

lol ya. We had a helicopter for about 2 hours maybe. We flew around the edges of the map just to see if we could find some vehicles. We though maybe a hacker summoned them all to a corner of the map somewhere. We were gonna satchel charge them so it would force them to respawn. We found absolutely nothing other then a bunch of camps. can't believe how easy it is to see camps from the the air. Its really disappointing. I hope they can maybe change the color of tents or maybe have them render at closer distances. The trees offer no concealment for tents at all.

We landed the heli in a pretty good hiding spot and it was gone the next morning. We waited around teh heli for about 30 minutes to see if we were followed to. Then we read on the forums that heli's aren't saving so ya what else is new. :)

Haha, nice try :P Just so you know there's been like 3 helis flying around tonight, pretty sure there should only be on.

We have a teamspeak 3 server, but if I'm correct Garro has already send you the details ;) .

When you guys join, let us know that you're from REC5 so we can give you a nice little icon next to your name saying REC5. (who doesn't like icons after all :P )

Ps. I'm from INC as well. I play as |INC| Yellow in DayZ. On our teamspeak server I'm known as Sgt. Maj. Yellow, but thought that was a bit long for using in DayZ...

Edited by MajYellow