Sign in to follow this  
BMilitant

FPS PROBLEM?

Hey guys I have played DayZ for about a month, have been running it on very high settings because my laptop can do so.

Then randomly one day I launch the game and everything is very choppy and laggy, even the menu is laggy

What could cause this to happen when I made no changes and the game is updated? Could this be a battle ey conflict?

Thanks, BMilitant :beans:

Sometimes server is a problem with low FPS.

Try switching servers first (at least few) and check if problem persists.. Then report back..

Thanks for all who's trying to help. Uhm first, re installing my whole OS isn't an option haha. But I have tried different servers. Even at the menu it is laggy/choppy. I turned my video stuff down to low or off and still choppy. I ran this on very high settings for a month. I'm just lost what happened...

Measures I have taken:

CPU restart

Launch from steam/dayzcommander/sixupdater-launcher

Tried to re install battle eye in steam but got a (missing string) error

Turned all settings to low or disabled

Tried different servers

Launched in window mode

Run game process on high priority

Checked version 1.7

Scanned forums

Only thing I can think is re install of client ?

• Like 1

Well you're not alone. I installed my OS again about a week ago and DayZ was running better than ever.

Today I get back after a while, install the beta, go in game, wait a few minutes and bam, slideshow time... tried an other server as well. Is this a beta patch issue?

I turned my nvidia specs all the way up... same thing tho, didnt change anything about the lag