Sign in to follow this  
ozal91

Why do people just shoot? and how do you survive?

i understand that some people want my gear, but why do some people just shoot when u have nothing on urself, or even when u say that ur friendly, they still shoot.. i mean its hard enough to find anyone after a long period of time.. why do they just shoot?

also i noticed that some guys killed over more than 200 zombies, if you hold i you can check the score.. how is that possible? is that just a glitch? is it even possible to last that long?

i understand that some people want my gear, but why do some people just shoot when u have nothing on urself, or even when u say that ur friendly, they still shoot.. i mean its hard enough to find anyone after a long period of time.. why do they just shoot?

also i noticed that some guys killed over more than 200 zombies, if you hold i you can check the score.. how is that possible? is that just a glitch? is it even possible to last that long?

Yes, it is more than possible i myself at one point had 1300 zombie kills. Just run around. Bring them to a barn. And keep wacking. Although a lot of people us ammo glitches to do it.

• Like 1

My best was over 700 zed kills and and I'm quite an evasive player. I've seen people with many more. If you survive for anything over 7 days then the kills rack up fairly quickly.

Edited by Fraggle

There are people who have killed over 1000 zombies, i think my record is around 500. The key to survival is to get off the coast and avoid players until you have a nice weapon. Players shoot on sight if they don't know you. They don't want you to shoot them, or just want to be a bandit.

The thing is that most people don't shoot you for your gear, they shoot you for theirs. I won't take the chance that you will kill me and take my hard earned gear so I am going to shoot first and hope for the best but I am far more likely to hide when you come around. It is nothing personal but if you are not on my team you are a hostile. I will never shoot a guy without a gun though. If you pose no threat then I am not going to waste bullets on you. Others are not as nice though so my best advice is be careful and keep an eye out.

Pplz who kill you at spawn are dumb, they just dont know what to do after they gear up and are the losers of this game.

Your best bet is to find a organized group, this game is so close to real world and is near to impossible to survive alone....so spawn on the beach, try avoid big towns like Cherno and Elektro or airports, go north to regroup and find your mates and go all together to loot weapons, medical supplies, veichles etc...

If you want play alone...just change game or be ready to get killed a lot

Edited by Archana

My best was over 700 zed kills and and I'm quite an evasive player. I've seen people with many more. If you survive for anything over 7 days then the kills rack up fairly quickly.

thats insane! i think my problem is that ive been sticking near the coast most of the time, its time I head into the woods.

and Archana ur right, i need more people, I played with 2 guys once but they were kind of clueless but still helped with having supplies.. know any group i could join?

• Like 1

The most kills I've had was 32, all with the hatchet! Still rather new. Add me on steam, akyoski, and we'll get together. Always looking for people to join with :D

It's possible I've had 120 or so zed kills. Pick a low pop server to start out on. That way you can gear up in Cherno/Elektro without as much risk from other players. Night servers are also good as most NVG users are up north by the airfield and stary. Once you get geared just stay in the woods or if you want to kill zeds go for the little towns in the middle of nowhere.

A lot of people shoot alot in this game but the key to survival is get of the south coast, that is where a majority of deaths occur and I learnt this the hard way but I am safe now up at the N-W airfield getting ammo and some cool gear for my team mates.

My other tip is to try to join a clan about 15% of the posts are people looking for team mates so join them and get a nice camp and defend it and hey when you die you don't give a fuck as you can go back to your base and get some more gear and be decked out again.

Shoot them before they shoot you! You can just avoid large towns and scavenge the villages inland where there are less players. But if you want to loot big towns or military targets then I recommend you going onto low population servers. :)

i will kill u when i SE u to many bad memory's from when i help ppl and thy shot me in the back I am not an a hole but i am tired of getting killd by noobs and stab in the back 6 dayz ago i lost my supe scoor on 1259 zed kill and no murder's 3 bandit kills 14 dayz on that carecter. i ran low on ammo 4 my m3a3 cco so i whent to bolota air fild ther whas a new player pind down from sniper fire and i saved him he sew me and respondet frend i cowerd him when he looted the bandit i killd 4 hil he got hes m1 and shoot me so I DONt help other ppl never again

Stayed alive for 10 days, I got 600 zed kills, 10 murders, and a bandit kill. I just avoided overly dangerous situations and went with a group.

"I figure, everytime someone dies and it's not me, my chances of survival go up." - Jack

Pretty much new to this game, I haven't gotten much of my steam posse convinced to play yet. But all in due time, the game is really awesome.

I currently just play the hermit survivalist.

If you want to play alone, then after you spawn, just rush the large towns until you found some good medical items and a hatchet, matches, hunting knife and a water bottle. Escape the towns alive, because mostly they are a warzone with projectiles wizzing about.

Just head for the forests. kill some cows, and refill your bottles.

Whenever you find some fair weapons do deal with zeds, I prefer the crossbow, then at night try to raid some villages, or barns for extra supplies.

That's how I managed to stay alive alone.

It's really easy to kill the zeds if you want to and once you find some proper gear. Once went on a zombie clensing rampage, just constantly trying to clear elektro of the buggers (which is obviously impossible due to the zed respawns), scored about 950 zeds during the 2 days of surviving, mostly with an AKM. (And then the streak ended when some player shot me while I was eating some beans having a little break of the zed killing) :P

So yeah, killing zeds is easy if you don't really care about the amount of days you survive. Obviously the more you keep shooting the zeds, the more likely you'll expose your position to the other players which usually gets you killed eventually.

You can even rack up some 100 zed kills quite easily with the hatchet alone once you know the zeds well enough. Probably will lose of lot of blood in the process though.

Killing zeds, easy - Surviving the other players, quite a lot more challenging. (Unless you're happy to patiently camp in the woods near some small town).