Sign in to follow this  
TheHighPhilosopher

How can my little brother play?

I bought the game thinking you could have multiple profiles.

Basically, I ended up getting pretty far with a friend. I got a map, a watch, a shotgun, food, drinks, and some other things. I think I'm in Elektro hidden somewhere.

Pretty much, my little brother and I split the cost for the game. I'd like for him to be able to play it but I know he'll die because it's his first time playing and I don't want to lose all of my things. Any advice? I feel really bad keeping him back from playing.

Theres no way he "can play" on a different character, unless you purchase another game.

One CD key, one account. Although you could try searching for servers that aren't connected to the main Hive and let him play on there. Then your main characters shouldn't be affected. Don't exactly know the details since I've never been on one of those servers.

Edited by Clavus
  • Like 1

You need to buy another copy of Arma Combined operations to get a new cd key. Split the cost of that too and you are even :)

Here´s a link to a very helpful post. Follow that guide and you´ll be able to switch characters just by doubleclicking. It seems complicated but just start doing it point by point and you´ll see that its actually very simple.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/32775-multiple-dayz-accounts-useful-for-shared-computers/

You could let him only play on a cracked server, it starts a new account because its not connected to the hive.

Hey there!

Well there are two solutions for your problem. The first one is, like everyone here said, buy another copy of the game. And the second one is find some alternative server's which are not connected to the main hive. This means your little brother can play the game without affecting your main character. There are not that much alternative server's but I know one. Open the filter and type 'bigbo' to the host section, press okay and let the game find that server for you. I hope this helps you.

Peace out.

I've managed to get two profiles, although I only play on one of them now. I created a second profile in arma 2 (as I accidentally set up the original profile with my teal name and really wanted my usual gaming tag).

I can't remember how I managed it but I will check/test it tonight when I get tine to play and come back to you here with my findings.

• Like 1

One CD key, one account. Although you could try searching for servers that aren't connected to the main Hive and let him play on there. Then your main characters shouldn't be affected. Don't exactly know the details since I've never been on one of those servers.

This works! Thank you!

DayZ does not use player profiles in-game. Your profile is saved at the HIVE using your CD key. This means that you can only have one account or "save" per combined operations you own. So I recommend you either stick with both of you using one account or buy another copy. If you are looking to buy, you can get it cheap here: https://store.bistudio.com/arma2-combined-operations-steam-version