Powkachow

Internet crashes after playing?

So I'll login, load some multiplayer servers up (perfectly fine) join a game (perfectly fine) but if for some reason I have to exit the game I'm in (all the time), my internet is not working at all, and the server list won't load any more servers.

I've read it's just the stress on my router from loading up all the servers, but I set in my steam settings "Game server brower: max pings / minute" to 250 (lowest possible setting) and it still happens.

What do?

Me too. Sometimes before I can get in any server. Sometimes it happens while I'm trying to get in a server... and it take too long for me. Then I get a connection crash (my real internet crashes itself for some 10-20 seconds...).

Does anyone knows why?

Me too. Sometimes before I can get in any server. Sometimes it happens while I'm trying to get in a server... and it take too long for me. Then I get a connection crash (my real internet crashes itself for some 10-20 seconds...).

Does anyone knows why?

Bump, I've been having the exact same problem

I posted this same thing on another similar forum post.

You should hpost what type of isp you have, i.e. cable, dsl, t1..etc...

How do I (and other users) configure the internet settings to be able to play this game better?

I have been playing (or at least trying to play) this mod for only a day and I have this same issue. Sometimes I can get on a server but when I disconnect I have to reset my modem. I have windows firewall and the modem firewall turned off. I have tried it with dmz on and off and with a different modem all together and I still get this problem. This makes switching servers for me a really long and tedious event. I also understand that this mod is in its alpha stage but I seriously dont think this sort of thing should be happening. I have 5Mbps dsl, which sucks, I know, but I have seen people play this game with less. Aslo, I am not connecting thru a router.. just straight modem to pc.

I have also noticed alot of people asking for help on the forums and the only answer they get are people asking more questions or being idiots.

---In case you need any of this info---

mobo: Asrock 970 extreme3 (all drivers updated)

cpu: AMD athlon x4

cpu cooler: Cooler Master hyper 212 evo (of course)

Gpu: HIS Radeon hd 6670 (oc)

Ram: 8gb ddr3 1333 dual channel config

hdd: 2 1tb wd black, 1 3tb seagate,

ssd: ocz vertex 4 512gb

monitors: 42in panasonic viera, 20in hanns-g

I just put this pc together last week so I know its not "dusty" or worn out or anything.