Ok so I was at the northeast airfield before and I began walking back to my camp but on the way back I noticed a tractor parked in the field so I jumped in it and drove back to camp. When I got to camp I opened its inventory and it had 5 g36c SD mags in it but no gun. So im wondering if the g36c is in the game or have these items been hacked in?

Thanks.

Hacked in for sure, I'd blow up the tractor or something so people don't catch you with it and mistake you for the hacker. As long as their not in your inventory you're safe from Battle-Eye but you never know when the Server Admin hits you.

OK thanks guys i put them on a zombie body and hid it so it im safe now thanks for the help :D

Can't be banned for having it, might as well use it.

I found one of these today :o

some guy with a ghillie, 2nvgs, a rangefinder, gps and the G36C SD + 2 mags on the ground.

awesome lol. now i just need to find a goddamn vehicle.

id use it

haters gonna hate

Use it to what? Take up inventory space? It was just the ammo.

Yeah it's been confirmed that you can't be banned for using it, just for bringing it in. So... I found one and am gonna try it out.

Can't be banned for having it, might as well use it.

Actually you will be banned for having it.

To all the people saying that you may as well use it if you can't be banned for it, have some fucking morals.

Sure, I can't be banned for having as AS50TWS but I have some morals so I sure as hell will never use it, fucking dickheads.

If you're willing to use the stuff then you're just as bad as people spawning it in

• Like 1

Actually you will be banned for having it.

Actually you need to be more specific in your statements:

• The DayZ team does not regard the acquisition or use of hacked in weapons to be an actionable offense *Unless you are the person hacking the weapons into the game* - in which case you would be subject to a global ban
  • Battleye will not penalize you for simply finding or using an item that someone else hacked in
  • Some admins will break the rules set forth by the DayZ team and will kick, ban, or otherwise try to punish players seen with hacked items in their possession. This is against the rules and may get their server un-whitelisted by the DayZ team.

Actually you need to be more specific in your statements:

• The DayZ team does not regard the acquisition or use of hacked in weapons to be an actionable offense *Unless you are the person hacking the weapons into the game* - in which case you would be subject to a global ban
  • Battleye will not penalize you for simply finding or using an item that someone else hacked in
  • Some admins will break the rules set forth by the DayZ team and will kick, ban, or otherwise try to punish players seen with hacked items in their possession. This is against the rules and may get their server un-whitelisted by the DayZ team.

And good on them admins, there's enough google information out there to know that this weapon is hacked in, and not to mention the 2-3 threads a day that are made asking if this weapon is legit or not.

And good on them admins, there's enough google information out there to know that this weapon is hacked in, and not to mention the 2-3 threads a day that are made asking if this weapon is legit or not.

expecting players to google every weapon they find is stupid.

hacked in weapons exist but not everyone is going to know what's what.

it's an issue that needs to be addressed but punnishing people who don't hack for the

transgressions of those who do is STUPID.

• Like 1

expecting players to google every weapon they find is stupid.

Use common sense.

If you're unsure about a weapon, google it.

You're obviously not going to need to google every weapon, especially if you find it in a loot pile

Edited by jdz

I'm using a G36c SD right now. Literally the only difference is the aesthetics.

It has the same damage and round velocity as the M4 cco sd, which I have a few of.

So I might as well use it because it yields no advantage besides looking badass.

Lol, you can't be banned for using, only for using scripts/other hacking measures. If i spawn an TANK, and don't get banned for it, i can use it how much i want after that.

The worst that can happen for owning hacked in items is a SERVER ban. BattleEye and the DayZ team do not actively detect out of place weapons, just the scripts that generate them, so hiding them doesn't 'save' you from much, except maybe a waste of inventory space.

G36C mags work with m4's if I recall correctly.

Edit: double post.

Edited by VSnares