bankst3r

Can't play through daylight

Well, I mean I can't visit any cities or even villages during daylight or else I get killed by zombies. Even if I am crouching the whole time Zombies often spot me if they are walking near by. I really hope they are going to reduce the aggro range with the next patch. If I want to hit the bigger cities I always do it during the night which is much better. Of course there is always the danger of snipers but what can you do?

Now I am in need of supplies so I will give it another try. I will hit some small villages and try to find stuff so that during the day I can spend time with hunting in the woods. What do you guys do during the day?

I'm just careful. Zeds are supposed to be a pain in the arse.

I know but still. I wouldn't mind if they can't spot me from far away if I am just crouch walking. If you enter some buildings you have to crouch walk and this is a huge risk.

I know but still. I wouldn't mind if they can't spot me from far away if I am just crouch walking. If you enter some buildings you have to crouch walk and this is a huge risk.

Yup, it'd get boring fast if it wasn't risky.

• Like 2

just wait for them to move on and then make your move on a building

if you have a hatchet or something the best thing would be to go to man mode run into houses, loot it and kill them, hatchet is so strong on zombies=1hit=1kill. They walk inside the houses so you can escape them. Before you get hatchet just be careful

This game require patience, a shitload of patience, a liiiiittle bit of patience, and so much fucking patience.

• Like 5

You can, you just have to be very careful. Crouch run everywhere and make sure you look constantly around you.

Also, it often pays to just sit and listen. Don't get tunnel vision when your looting. When your in a safe spot, stop for a bit and try to take in what's going on around you. Often you'll be able to let other players run right past you without a conflict.

Ok, I will try to follow the advices given here. Yesterday I was trying to hit deer stands instead of cities. First of all I got lost in the woods and then I managed to find one deer stand. So I was proned and tried to think of a strategy how to hit the stand but one of the Zeds saw me from miles away and well you can imagine what happened next. I guess you have to crouch the whole time which could result in a long journey... ;D

But I have given up on the deer stands because they will eventually see you when you climb the ladder. I will stick to night raids.

I have seen on youtube a vid where a guy was just running through Cherno getting loot and even losing the Zeds or killing them without any problem. I tried once to lose two Zeds in the woods. It didn't work out. Eventually I had to kill them ans I also lost some blood during the fight. Although another time I did manage to lose a Zed while running around a building and going immediately to crouch. Don't know if it was luck or just a bug.

make sure your crouch walking and not crouch running it makes a difference. take it slow and move around buildings don't cross an open area unless absolutely necessary or to get to the next house. stick to the outskirts of small towns unless you are sure you can make it farther. this is what I do it works for avoiding players after just spawning and get you gear with less of a risk. and use the forests as cover when going from town to town.

Edited by Zera_Grey

Yes there is a huge difference between daytime and darkness with zed aggro. Always have an escape route ready as they are more than likely to see you at some point anyway in daylight. I always plan ahead what to do when they spot me, usually I just run into nearest barn or big apartment house with two exits. Zeds are actually very easy to lose or kill indoors, and they never hit you if you run double-time, so there´s no need to panic when they come after you.

Deer stands are quite easy to loot with a little patience, Zeds almost always walk away from the stand if you wait a while.

• Like 1

In towns never stand up, always crouch or prone unless you decide to just run into town (I usually do that when I first spawn near Cherno to gear up quickly). I actually almost always crouch walk/run. When I'm just traveling through the forests I crouch run that way I'm less likely to randomly be seen. In towns I try to time my moves by watching the movements of the zombies. I've noticed that once they spawn they usually move away from the buildings, so once you get past them, going building to building is a bit easier if you keep your eyes open for any ones left. If you do gain aggro by accident, either you didn't notice a zombie nearby or you get one of those random see you from 200m ones, just get up and run to the nearest building with 2 entrances. Then you can either shoot them as they walk slower or sneak out the other entrance while they are looking for you in the building. In the forest just weave through bushes and pine trees until they stop following you. It sometimes take a while but if it's bushy enough they will get lost quickly.

Deer stands are incredibly easy to loot. I try to hit up as many as I can since they have few zombies and not usually any players around and the loot isn't bad. What I usually do is once I spot the deerstand I try to approach it from the back (usually the part facing into the woods has the ladder.) Take your time and the zombies will usually spread out and you can crouch walk up to the ladder and climb it without any aggro. I also try to take a peek up there before actually climbing so if it's obviously empty I don't waste my time.

• Like 1

Well, I mean I can't visit any cities or even villages during daylight or else I get killed by zombies. Even if I am crouching the whole time Zombies often spot me if they are walking near by. I really hope they are going to reduce the aggro range with the next patch. If I want to hit the bigger cities I always do it during the night which is much better. Of course there is always the danger of snipers but what can you do?

Now I am in need of supplies so I will give it another try. I will hit some small villages and try to find stuff so that during the day I can spend time with hunting in the woods. What do you guys do during the day?

Zombie aggro is bugged at the moment. When they spawn they can spot you for a few seconds even if you are very far away and prone.

Also if they hear you shoot with a AKM e.g. they have the abilty to teleport right on top of you, even if you are on stairs. So use siderams or axe to kill Zombies if you want to stay alive.

Dont crouch walk or crawl just run. Zombies can not hit you while you are running. If you need to lose them go into a building or break line of sight some how.

You've got some options when it comes to cities. Like a previous poster mentioned, don't get tunnel vision.

- Be aware of a few building that are lootable and assess which ones you can approach.

- As long as zombies aren't looking in your direction you can safely crouch run.

- The man option is to sprint and agro all the zombies you can see, sprint to a building that has a front and back door; when you get inside just crouch run out the back to lose them all.

With deer stands the zombies tend to spread put after 20-30 secs so just hold off, pay attention to which way they're facing and make a sensible approach.

If you're agro'd out in the wilderness or at deer stands try crouch running through a few of the big green fir trees. It works almost overtime.

Above all, have patience. Once you've got a feel for how the zombies react to you, you'll be losing them like a boss.

Good luck dude, hope some of the helps.

Peace

When spotted by zombies find a building with serveral exits and just go through the building, zeds will then loose sight of you and go into search mode. You can use corners og building or other objects and hills aswell.

This is how it's done. You have to check online for important high yield building, once you've done that you know that stores and fire stations are the best. So I do it like this: run all the time, and then once you get to the store you have a huge chance of finding at least a Makarov PM, just shoot them in the hood, loot the rest and your good to go, of course if the server has tons of people you might die, but better die from players then from zombies. I do this all the time and always get tons of food, alice pack, revolver, 1911, lee, and other things. Usally I roam until I find a compass and a map.

Just went to Cherno for loot during the night. The run was quite successful but I was crouching whenever I could see a Zed and if not then I would crouch walking. This method takes a lot of time. When I was finally done and wanted to leave the city the sun was setting which forced me to crouch the whole time. Now I am alive for quite a while so I won't try the man method. But the next time I get whacked I will give it a try. Still, somehow the idea to go to a city during daylight scares me away.

However I will definitely try to hit the deer stands again with the tips given here. Unfortunately I always get lost in the woods.

Can you actually see how long you have been alive?

Just round em up and run into a house then either kill them or leave em there. Never try to be sneaky in cities. While it sounds like a good idea in theory, in reality it just makes you an easy target for other players.

Do I have to speedrun (double tap on w) or can I run with "normal" speed? I know sneaking through cities takes a lot of time so I wouldn't mind to have an effective way to raid them. If I look back how much time I have invested raiding cities I definitely would be pissed if another player or Zed killed me.

if a zed is looking in your direction, go prone. They have crazy vision and even 2 visibility bars pulls them from a crazy distance. if they are turned away you have a little bit more lee way and can crouch-run. Once you learn barns, barns, etc you'll be able to lose zombies by running through the buildings and crouch running out the other side. With practice you can get good at losing zombies just by running between building and losing line of sight.

Edited by internetTAB