Icy954

How Low Can You Get?

Okay, I spawned in the useless Krutoy Cap and so I decided to go for a swim across to the island. As a fresh spawn, I had nothing to lose, and running to any town seemed to be a lot longer.

A couple minutes after swimming out I'm being shot at. After about 20 tries he hits and kills me in the water.

Why? Its really pointless to A. shoot a fresh spawn B. shoot someone where you can't or won't loot them C. waste ammo on a fresh spawn AND risk being overtaken by zombies.

I do not understand this. I was obviously no threat to him. What is this community turning into?

• Like 2

A) they were fixing up the chopper and someone was swimming to their island

B )you were a industrial looter bringing parts to repair the chopper

C) +1 murder token

Edited by Buffjesus

You just got unlucky unfortunately a lot of crappy players have to pick off noobs to feel like leet players

Maby he didnt see you on the coast line and depending on the distance its hard to judge if your a new player, also because new spawns dont usually go to skalisty island ;)

The community is turning into a mass of people not wanting to take risks.

The perfect reply to your question is "Morons, morons everywhere"

Because it's a damn Zombie Outbreak. Trust NO ONE.

Well, trust is a very finicky thing in Day Z, you have to be extra careful. I have a few rules I like to follow in order to stay alive, I always try and have the advantage over a potential threat and if I get past Stary Sober, I shoot on sight as no-one up there is going to have friendly intentions.

Why question the whole community becuase of one shooting?

And like Buffjesus says, you were swimming towards a heli spawn site and he may have been acting as a look out.

Edited by Fraggle

C) +1 murder token

Exactly. Or, they could have a camp on that island made possible by finding a PBX or Fishing Boat. They were on the island, saw you coming out there, and put one in you to prevent you from gaining knowledge of their camp site. Not a stupid tactic. Unarmed or not. Had I been on that island, and it was my camp...I would of done the same thing. I have no idea what kind of person you are. I don't know if you're going to see the camp and then come back on these forums and make a post telling the entire community the coordinates and the gear found within the camp(Bitch move, I don't care what anyone says.). I don't know if you won't wait until a later hour, then come back and loot the camps and then flatten them with grenades and save them flattened or not. If I can prevent someone from gaining knowledge of my camp site, I do it. Fortunately I don't have to often because the area my camp is in is a place that is completely unexpected. Not on the edge of the map by a long shot either.

C) +1 murder token

This is exactly what came to mind for me. A lot of people put Huey's on the island, and defend it. Also, if I see someone swimming out to the island and they have anything but a coyote patrol pack on, on my server, they get shot. Pretty much no one swims out to the island with an alice pack on for no reason haha. Even if the guy knew the current situation of what was on/wasn't on the island, it's still a murder token for... well, murderers. Not exactly fair game, but murderers only kill for shits-n-giggles and "fair game" isn't in their vocabulary.

Why are you mad if you didnt have anything?

Not really mad, more like curious. It was a long walk anyways.

You just got unlucky unfortunately a lot of crappy players have to pick off noobs to feel like leet players

What makes you so sure he shot him out of pure joy? The guy was swimming to Skalisty and they could've been repairing the chopper, for all we know.

I'm pretty sure there was no chopper, because I've seen a chopper a day ago in Solonicy.

I can understand the camp thing though. Not a bad place for a camp I'd say.

He just seemed alone and that he was taking pot shots at me for kicks.

Okay, I spawned in the useless Krutoy Cap

Why didnt you thank him?

What is this community coming to...

This is exactly what came to mind for me. A lot of people put Huey's on the island, and defend it. Also, if I see someone swimming out to the island and they have anything but a coyote patrol pack on, on my server, they get shot. Pretty much no one swims out to the island with an alice pack on for no reason haha. Even if the guy knew the current situation of what was on/wasn't on the island, it's still a murder token for... well, murderers. Not exactly fair game, but murderers only kill for shits-n-giggles and "fair game" isn't in their vocabulary.

people dont put the huey on the island

the huey itself SPAWNS there lol

You know in most competitive FPS a player cares most about his kill counts?

I guess at some point that can be said for Day Z too. In such a case an unarmed player is an easy score.

In my books, anyone is a threat in this game. Even people who have just spawned, as it is VERY possible, they would find some useful loot you may need if you let them go, like beans and soda.

• Like 1

Why? Its really pointless to A. shoot a fresh spawn B. shoot someone where you can't or won't loot them C. waste ammo on a fresh spawn AND risk being overtaken by zombies.

In one word - Experience.

It is really hard to hit somebody in the water because you have to hit precisely in the head. Furthermore, you as a target are moving in one direction plus moving up and down because of the waves. So as you see, shooting at swimming target is a great range practice that drastically improves your shooting skills.

Edited by void_false

Why didnt you thank him?

What is this community coming to...

Its not that he killed me, its that he had no reason to kill me. I was going to explore and he shot me in the water.

Yes, he might have had a camp but I was nowhere near it.

its that he had no reason to kill me. I was going to explore and he shot me in the water.

Your second sentence answers your first.You got shot cos you weren't in his group and you got to close.

• Like 1

In one word - Experience.

It is really hard to hit somebody in the water because you have to hit precisely in the head. Furthermore, you as a target are moving in one direction plus moving up and down because of the waves. So as you see, shooting at swimming target is a great range practice that drastically improves your shooting skills.

At the expense of a fresh spawn?

Seems rather cruel.