Sign in to follow this  
zatan13th

Is is possible to run DayZ server via VPN? (Not a VPS)

I have a question:

Is is possible to run DayZ server and force the HIVE to communicate the data via VPN port?

I mean; A = DayZ server on another host/another IP can send the data to B = VPN server (another host/another IP) and then the data will be transferred to C = DayZ database, C send the data back to B and B transfer data back to A.

A->B->C | C->B->A

or,even

A->B->C | C->A (bypassing B/ forget about it)

Is it possible to do something like this?

Edited by zatan13th

For some reason the edit placed a new massage and not edited this one.

Sorry it was mostlikely my own fault.

Edited by Despuiter

Probably not considering how the hive runs etc, Its possible but far fetched and would create a lot of lagg and more dependency's and if one thong went wrong so would all.

First off all mad google how internet works befor you give advice or a anser, sinds your using all kind off VPN servers to connect for example to this website. (but then public)

the only direct connection there is is wenn you have the server in the same room.. even wenn you go to the next door neightbor you use them..

So to anser your question OP Yes its possible for sure especialy if you set up your own VPN server and in fact you can almost dubble your speed by doing it correctly.

Lets just say the server is in The netherlands but you life in spain if you have a france buddy with a good connection and you let him set up a VPN it will improve your connection speed allot.

so if you have multiple buddys with good connections you could set up the whole route yourself and improve your connection so much you could go from example 200 ping to 50ping.

there are some payed services aswell that provide this kind off speed increasing VPN servers mostly from EU to US.

if you use someones els VPN server (google found servers) then no it mostlikely wont work or give you a crap connection simply because those servers are almost always crap.

if you only wanna know so you can hack then no its not possible.....

Edited by Despuiter
  • Like 1

Yes if you intend to hack on this VPN it will simply cease to work.

Lets keep it on that info guys :P

I have a question:

Is is possible to run DayZ server and force the HIVE to communicate the data via VPN port?

I mean; A = DayZ server on another host/another IP can send the data to B = VPN server (another host/another IP) and then the data will be transferred to C = DayZ database, C send the data back to B and B transfer data back to A.

A->B->C | C->B->A

or,even

A->B->C | C->A (bypassing B/ forget about it)

Is it possible to do something like this?

We do not allow configurations like this. The DayZ server/IP that is approved is not allowed to route HIVE traffic anywhere else. No routing traffic to another box etc.

Edited by urbanfox

We do not allow configurations like this. The DayZ server/IP that is approved is not allowed to route HIVE traffic anywhere else. No routing traffic to another box etc.

Somehow I massively doubt the server staff check for this.

Somehow I massively doubt the server staff check for this.

That's a valid reason to break the rules...