Ernir

Vanishing Vehicle?

So is this for all servers? We had a vs36 truck, after server restart it transformed into a bus. We had a chopper saved it 100 times, it was gone after server restart. It didnt happend on the same server only the same server hostclient. It the same thing with tents, the loot is gone after restart. Is this something on the server side or does the vehicle not save at all on any server?

stuff disapears...its an alpha still.

But still, all the servers i played on and had cars and tents on were where i left it and saved it after server restart

If a hacker spawns something, it is typically deleted after server restarts. We found a few vehicles that disappeared because a hacker spawned them. However, we've also had hackers teleport vehicles off the map.

As for the V3S being turned into a bus? Either someone driving a bus found it and took your v3s, a hacker turned it into a bus for giggles, or you had a glitch I'd never heard of or seen before. I think the previous two seem more likely.

Edited by verycoolcat

Words from our server admin on DE 10:

Its a really mess with those de- and respawn problem. I asked in the IRC Channel again if there is a Solution for it, Answer: In development :(

If a hacker spawns something, it is typically deleted after server restarts. We found a few vehicles that disappeared because a hacker spawned them. However, we've also had hackers teleport vehicles off the map.

As for the V3S being turned into a bus? Either someone driving a bus found it and took your v3s, a hacker turned it into a bus for giggles, or you had a glitch I'd never heard of or seen before. I think the previous two seem more likely.

It happends 2 times yesterday the thing with the bus, we foudn the V3S at the quarry, repaired it drove away had it for 2 hours. serve restarted. we were the first one online, and there was a bus there, went all the way to the quarry again and found the V3S again :/ But the helicopter then? why should the hackers spawn it on the island exactly on the spawpoint for it?

same here, also had an old bike turn into a motorcycle after restart...

vehicles disappear, dont save, move suddenly, reappear broken... Tents dont get me started.

Fixing this kind of stuff should be #1 priority for next patch. It's annoying as hell, makes vehicles pointless (time spent / benefit ratio too low), and the fact of being effectively UNABLE to store items anywhere is highly unrealistic, despite realism being (according to Rocket) the cornerstone of this mod.

FIX IT !

• Like 1

Hi Ernir,

Reading you post makes me also think there's something wrong with vehicle saving...

Yesterday, I repaired an Ural, drove it to the woods, saved the vehicle (a few times to be sure) then logged off. Logged back in a few hours later (I think after a server restart) and it was gone. To make sure nobody had stolen it, I walked back to it's original spawn point, and there it was. But without any of the repairs I had made, or any of the items I had saved in it.

Fast forward a few hours, and a crazy turn of events leads a friend of mine to hijack someone's V3S near the quarry. We meet up, and since it's late into the night by then, we stash it away in the woods. I save it and then log off. I log back in this morning, and instead of a V3S, in the exact same spot I see a FREAKING BUS! with what I think were the same items in it's cargo and what I'm pretty sure are the exact same repair stats.

Is this tread the best way of reporting bugs? If not where should I post it?

• Like 1