Kaschu

hunting knife and water bottles

Played dayz for some time now and want to ask you guys what u think about my idead of removing them or reduce there useability?

Here my explanation: Of corse its a realistic gadged and i use it all the time but what about the big groups out there. They can stay out of the big towns for all time to reduce the risk of getting killed. I want the game to get more intense with task u have to do to survive with high risks for example without the possibility to get food and something to drink in the nature u need to "raid" the big citys with your group to refill your reserves. You need good organisation and planing.

thats my opinion cause actually theres no task for somebody who got full gear and its getting kind a boring hunt newbies all day long .

No Risk no fun Hmm? what do u guys think?

Played dayz for some time now and want to ask you guys what u think about my idead of removing them or reduce there useability?

Here my explanation: Of corse its a realistic gadged and i use it all the time but what about the big groups out there. They can stay out of the big towns for all time to reduce the risk of getting killed. I want the game to get more intense with task u have to do to survive with high risks for example without the possibility to get food and something to drink in the nature u need to "raid" the big citys with your group to refill your reserves. You need good organisation and planing.

thats my opinion cause actually theres no task for somebody who got full gear and its getting kind a boring hunt newbies all day long .

thats a stupid idea the game is made to be realistic not make it so u can have fun camping a city waiting people to get basic supplies

This will favor even more clans/groups of people and disfavour lone wolfs as me. If an equipped player get bored he/she will most likely head north to Scary Sober (haha), the city to the east and the airstrip to the west to get some action.

Edit: I like the idea of the knife and water bottle. A possible adjustment; let them be more rare

Edited by hallgeirbakken

realistic? hmm looks like zombies dont like cow flesh? XD

• Like 1

I think that the guys that accually is satisfied with water bottle, knife, hatchet and matches are pretty few. This is not an endgame setup, and although they can survive in the wilderness forever, they will still raid cities and military bases for weapons and vehicles.

I have got bitten twice and had to go to Chernogorsk to raid hospitals for antibiotics, so there is still reason for high geared survivors to raid the big cities.

Removing the said items would make the game setup weird... survival game without a knife.

will make even more snipers........ you're SUPPOSED to be able to take care of yourself in the wild when you have gotten geared up and moved from the towns. people will still come for medical supplies. but i do think the hunger/thirst system works pretty damn fine atm. irl you wouldn't just throw away a waterbottle after drinking from it 5 times, a knife can gut LOADS of animals before it gets dull. specially because it is a hunting knife, it's made for the purpose.

Edited by zombiejun

hi,

I made a similar suggestion but about weapons a while ago http://dayzmod.com/f...-and-overheat/.

Maybe a bit more elaborated system like you need to take care of you knife by sharpening it or it is useless or clean your water bottle or you can become sick when you drink with it.

Limited items life would be nice since the game is getting boring after a while.

cya.

Nikiller.

Edited by Nikiller
  • Like 1

I think getting rid of tents would solve the end game problem more than tool durability. The problem is they die, they resupply at their tents, they lose nothing. They're basically stuck at end game with nothing left to do but PvP.

• Like 1

would be a great idear zombie so they get broken after some uses

I think getting rid of tents would solve the end game problem more than tool durability. The problem is they die, they resupply at their tents, they lose nothing. They're basically stuck at end game with nothing left to do but PvP.

Not to mention that most tents are often stocked full with duped or hacked items.

• Like 1

Not to mention that most tents are often stocked full with duped or hacked items.

Yeah, very true...

.. but tents should be fixed, not removed. Even though survivors can die, and then stock up, tents can still be found by other players. Solving the problem with bases at the corners of the map, together with the duping, solves alot of problems.

• Like 1

for now i think they just need to be removed, as people are just using them on servers to camp loot spawns outside of citys literally..its just sad. if i could make a video with this computer i would.

Edited by trylan

This is good idea to try and encourage team work, but I think taking away hunting knifes and water bottles would do more harm than good. As there's a lot of players that like to play by themselves and live off the wild and if they were forced to go into towns and scavenge for supplies, I don't think that would be the best idea.

What's that in English?. Hunting knives and water bottles are realistic and removing them would make no sense. You need to raid the big cities to get medical supplies and mid level weapons, but after you get the stuff you need you get out of there and survive.

Removing them completely would make the game impossible for lone wolves. D:

It's already a pain in the arse getting all the stuff together to hunt animals and then actually finding one to kill. If anything should have a use limit, it should be matches but they should drop more frequently.

Edited by mZLY

this game isnt made for lone wolves get a mate *lol*