RapturJesus

There needs to be more bikes

Seriously. Ive seen two bikes. One was broken and I think spawned in, it was next to two inland boats also, and the other we found somewhere in the forest and is also now broken.

Ive seen 5 helicopters and hundreds of cars. Yet two bikes. How is this realistic? Like at all?

I dont think I even know a person who doesn't have a bike. Im not saying make every house have a bike but there needs to be more.

• Like 3

I would like to see more bikes and its like most vehicles, people get them when they spawn and horde them away.

i posted it somewhere else: add more bikes.. almost every normal household has a bicycle.. And: make the bicycles so, that you can barely use them in field/make them almost useless outside from roads (slowly and/or uncontrollable). Make them so that they can be almost used only on roads.. This will give the player advantage on the one hand (faster travel), but on the other hand players are easy detectable then by other players and zombies when they are forced to use the bikes on roads only..

If anyone has tried to drive with a normal bike over field, they know that its very hard...

Edited by jone4s
  • Like 1

Definitely agree, the amount of bikes on this massive map is ridiculous, like jone4s said, pretty much every household has at least one bike and usually 3-4 or more, a bicycle isn't too much of an advantage, not like a car or a helicopter, there is no inventory space, only 1 seat for 1 player, and they don't go that fast, but it's faster than running. So +1 to bikes being more common, and maybe a few different types of bike? The normal fixed gear bike (more common), mountain bike (less common, better off road) and a racing bike or something similar that is very rare but very fast.

[...] and maybe a few different types of bike? The normal fixed gear bike (more common), mountain bike (less common, better off road) and a racing bike or something similar that is very rare but very fast.

Excellent.. exactly these types...good idea with the racing bike. i would say there should be at least 2 - 3 bikes in each village (which is still very few compared to reality)

Maybe add a very rare bike with a basket. Not like a barbie bike for 4 year olds but for adults or something similar. The basket could only hold like 5-10 slots.

And have small towns have most of the bikes. So people will actually go there. I don't live in the city but I don't think many people in the city have bikes.

As an avid bike rider in DayZ, I fully support this. especially more on the coast, so it's easier for people to travel. I used to hate Kamenka spawns until I found out there's a bike spawn nearby. I actually have taken a bike on the coast all the way up to NWA and back. I love bikes and they are a great way of transportation. Would love to see more.

YES!!!!!! by golly.

(I already made a thread about this so I think it's a BRILLIANT IDEA!!!)

Have some beans