Sign in to follow this  
Downside

Too many hackers to the point of not even worth the time to play?

I've only meet 2 hackers in my 3 months playtime, so no.

Irrefutable evidence right there folks.

Hacking isn't a problem in this game, we can all go home.

Thanks SadPanda! Glad you cleared this up for us.

Edited by Bramsey89

Irrefutable evidence right there folks.

QQ

don't get atached to gear, and hackers won't bother ya. don't give them tears to feast on.

I also have only encountered hacking twice and continue to find it worth playing like hundreds of thousands of others

You think standalone is going to be better?? They're using this same engine and.... BATTLEYE.

Hacking will remain in this game. Standalone or not.

No, they are not using the same engine actually.

No, they are not using the same engine actually.

i understood from rockets interview that he will use the arma 3 material & engine. he said it plainly

and thank god too, because there's fuck all else for the job

i too cant wait for WarZ, so the cartoon corridor action kiddies can kindly fuck off

I had a hacker give me the sickness. I was already in 3rd place on the server. Interstingly enough the disease went away when I want to another server.

Hackers spawn wherever they want. I killed a guy in berezino because I heard the heart beat on him and he pretended to be a friendly. I saw the same guy again within 5 minutes in Berezino.

Some japanese punk named "Hands."

You realize you can obtain the heart-beat by killing in self-defense, or being fired upon first right? It's not hard to get a heart-beat. Still, you did the right thing regardless since so many people "pretend" to be friendly, just to get a guaranteed kill on you with your back-turned.. but ya know.. jus sayin'.

Why don't you complain about OP's post too, then? Oh right, you're biased, my bad.

Go make another thread how hackers makes the game unplayable when they're not.

1prvt.jpg

Why don't you complain about OP's post too, then? Oh right, you're biased, my bad.

1prvt.jpg

Are you a script kiddie?

The only way people aren't encountering multiple hackers on a daily basis is if they're playing DayZ single player mode, ie. servers with less than 10 people.

sad to say, I don't play on non password protected server anymore. and the password is only given out to trusted people and it easy to find them and change password in a reset (we already have a password reset system and tiar of trust, higher tiar get new password faster)

1prvt.jpg

Maybe you should play on servers with more than 5 people on, bro.

:(

Source please, I thought they were going to use some other engine

No source directly, but you're telling me that within 6 months (as stated by Rocket, as he wants a standalone *mod* out by Christmas), that they're going to develop a brand new game from the ground up, in another engine that can support maps of this size? NOPE. I can 100% guarantee you that this will be a ARMA 2 Mod. It may be an Arma 3 mod though, but guess what? Arma 3 uses the exact same engine with better graphics on top. Arma 3 STILL USES BATTLEYE.

Not to mention that if Rocket expects to start taking people's money, and cheating is this rampant still??? You can expect there to be massive lawsuits, especially if it's a free2play/MMO like scenario based on micro transactions. What happens when the servers are hacked/attacked again and all of our credit card info is stolen? Lawsuits. What happens if player items are stolen by hackers that people spent hard-earned money on? Lawsuits. What happens if an MMO character account is stolen and/or ransacked by hackers? Lawsuits.

Rocket doesn't know half the shit he's getting himself into. Too big for his britches. Once you start taking people's money, shit gets real, and Rocket's eyes are covered by rose tinted glasses if he thinks that he's not going to be sued.

Edited by drewmaw
  • Like 3

No source directly, but you're telling me that within 6 months (as stated by Rocket, as he wants a standalone *mod* out by Christmas), that they're going to develop a brand new game from the ground up, in another engine that can support maps of this size? NOPE. I can 100% guarantee you that this will be a ARMA 2 Mod. It may be an Arma 3 mod though, but guess what? Arma 3 uses the exact same engine with better graphics on top. Arma 3 STILL USES BATTLEYE.

Not to mention that if Rocket expects to start taking people's money, and cheating is this rampant still??? You can expect there to be massive lawsuits, especially if it's a free2play/MMO like scenario based on micro transactions. What happens when the servers are hacked/attacked again and all of our credit card info is stolen? Lawsuits. What happens if player items are stolen by hackers that people spent hard-earned money on? Lawsuits. What happens if an MMO character account is stolen and/or ransacked by hackers? Lawsuits.

Rocket doesn't know half the shit he's getting himself into. Too big for his britches. Once you start taking people's money, shit gets real, and Rocket's eyes are covered by rose tinted glasses if he thinks that he's not going to be sued.

This.

Edited by Kithuni

stop making threads here , its a battleye problem , not a dayZ one , so go complain to them.

i play on servers with more than 30 people and i encounter a hacker maybe only ...once every 2 weeks? and they aren't the thunderdome type , i just sometimes wander upon an ammo box.

Man up and accept that nothing can be done and making threads won't make it go away faster.

Edited by Guest

Are you a script kiddie?

The only way people aren't encountering multiple hackers on a daily basis is if they're playing DayZ single player mode, ie. servers with less than 10 people.

Yes, totally.

Way to overract, me and the 6 other people I play with doesn't encounter multiple hackers every day.

Maybe you should play on servers with more than 5 people on, bro.

I never enter any servers with less than 30 people, ''bro''.

Definetly not worth playing seriously. I spent a long time gathering gear, while people are just hacking, duping, exploiting, scripting, etc. Now I just spawn and duke it out in elektro with noob gear. It is a waste of time to even leave the shore.

Definetly not worth playing seriously. I spent a long time gathering gear, while people are just hacking, duping, exploiting, scripting, etc. Now I just spawn and duke it out in elektro with noob gear. It is a waste of time to even leave the shore.

This. My group had over a dozen vehicles a few weeks ago. Most of the crew was running end game gear and we'd put a heli together on day one of the update. Then we got into a few helicopter vs helicopter air fights. Steam rolled by some guys in a black SUV. Lost the majority of our vehicles to grenade launchers and hacked helicopters. Hackers just shoot to shit any end-game play, especially if you're playing in the same server regardless of population.

My hopes are now in War Z.

Don't hope too much... have you seen the ONLY other game that the WarZ developer has made?

HORRENDOUSLY BAD LOL

It's not that bad. You just simply can't play in the most populated servers. Learn to hit ALT+F4 really quick when you get teleported, so worst case scenario is that you have to run back to wherever you wanted to go. It sucks but at least you get to keep your stuff. Hackers that globally nuke servers are the sickest motherfuckers, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it when it happens. Thankfully in my last 30 Day Z hours, it hasn't happened once.

Oh yea, and don't try to hoard shit. You are wasting you time in that regard. Get some basic high-end gear and PvP. You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you think it's a good idea to try to build an armory at this point.

Edited by t1337Dude

Don't hope too much... have you seen the ONLY other game that the WarZ developer has made?

HORRENDOUSLY BAD LOL

It's not that bad since it's F2P. And obviously WarZ won't look like it.