Sign in to follow this  
Downside

Too many hackers to the point of not even worth the time to play?

Too many hackers to the point of not even worth the time to play?

Doesn't matter the server, they are just out of control. They spawn to you and kill you, they spawn you to them, they spawn the whole server in 1 location and I'm sure you guys know the rest of what they do.

So is there anything being worked on currently to put a end to this? or they just going to keep banning and they come back hours later. Not trying to make this a QQ thread, I just want to know when these hackers will be stopped so I can continue to play DayZ in peace and die to legit players. No point putting the time into finding gear and getting vehicles when they are taken away from you in a few seconds when a Hacker decides to be a douche bag.

• Like 9

Everyone is very likely going to have to wait until the stand alone version (or private servers) until the hacking is going to be fixed.

I had a hacker give me the sickness. I was already in 3rd place on the server. Interstingly enough the disease went away when I want to another server.

Hackers spawn wherever they want. I killed a guy in berezino because I heard the heart beat on him and he pretended to be a friendly. I saw the same guy again within 5 minutes in Berezino.

Some japanese punk named "Hands."

Game is borderline unplayable between the skiddies and the bugs.

Just join servers with only 20-30 people. Hackers like to join high population servers so although I probably shouldn't I restart my server more than usual to keep the population low and the hackers out.

Is it true hacks don't work on that unofficial map?

Its worse. There's 3 skiddies on every lingor server.

Game is borderline unplayable between the skiddies and the bugs.

u must have bad eyes then

Hmm atm i play on a private Guru Abduls server, he has a custom made antycheat that stops some of the cheats, as for the rest - the server is passworded and has a whitelist meaning u can only play once u have the pass and ur game ID is added to the list and for that u need to have 10 posts on the server forum and be approved by the admins. Cheats still happen, but whenever u see them u just do a screenshot - and the admins check everyone that were on the server at that time - remove the cheater from the white list and its ok, in the event of a all kill there is a rollback - server backups every half hour. So far its much better than the official rocket servers and the amount of cheats is quite minimal.

The server is populated almost like the official ones - 3-5 ppl in the middle of the night/ around 15 in the morning/50 throughout the day/ and 20-30 evening-night.

Edited by myselph33

Ah, Well the server population doesn't matter. I was currently on a low populated server and it was even night.

Spent two hours gathering parts for our helicopter, had a guy on berezino docks factory roof on US217 kill us. He magically absorbed 5 AS50 bullets to the head and chest.

So we respawn and server hop to US 1070 (where the heli we found is located). Gather the parts, run to the heli, patch it up. One last thing to repair...and then boom. Im swimming out and see a guy we just killed swimming across with full gear after 5 mins...DMR, ghillie suit, all the goodies. We hid his body earlier so there us NO WAY that he got it all back.

needless to say he shoots and kills two of us while i stay on the mainland and watch someone else who is geared up swim across...i shoot at him (player name panda_de),and then POOF. He disconnects and ghosts onto the island where he promptly absorbs TWO DIRECT CHEST HITS from the M1014 with slug rounds. Good bye hard work...

This mod (even for an alpha) is too broken to play. And most of the blame lies with the super duper all singing all dancing piece of bull shit software that is battleye. Poorly designed, poorly executed, poorly updated. Rocket I actually feel sorry for you as your mod is being destroyed inch by inch because of another company's incompetence.

Just as a final note, two of my friends who were equally annoyed done an experiment to see just how long it takes to hack arma.

The result? 10 minutes. For any game, that is absoloutly disgusting. The only thing that compares to the number of holes in arma's defences is an Abrahms tank with swiss cheese for armor.

Edited by ORiGiNTiTAN
  • Like 3

I'd say unless you're hacking or know a hacker, it's not worth playing.

Edited by drewmaw
  • Like 9

Yep. It's been fun, guys. For the 2-3 days I got in before constant senseless PVP/bugs/hacking got to me. See you in standalone!

Yep. It's been fun, guys. For the 2-3 days I got in before constant senseless PVP/bugs/hacking got to me. See you in standalone!

You think standalone is going to be better?? They're using this same engine and.... BATTLEYE.

Hacking will remain in this game. Standalone or not.

Edited by drewmaw
  • Like 1

I get that it's alpha and you don't get attached to your stuff, but this last death really just cheapens the whole experience for me. Bugs? Fine. Bandit with a ghillie suit shooting me in the back when I'm facing a wall obviously AFK and have NOTHING for him to loot? Whatever, no big deal.

Finally doing pretty well and getting into my groove, only to be spawned with the whole server into the middle of the town and systematically killed? Utterly. friggin. stupid.

Totally pulls me out of the experience, and I don't like the thought of that being able to happen at any time, or at all.

Cheating appears to be either an intended feature or supported. At this time I don't know which however everything i'm seeing suggests one or both scenarios.

• Like 1

That's what I was saying, its pointless to even try now. You aren't safe on any server unless it has a password. I understand you are never safe lol I just mean from hackers. I don't get mad if I die legit, but just waiting for a hacker to come in and ruin it has gotten old.

• Like 1

the sad thing about all this is, that rocket or even bohemia nearly shits on the community.. no fucking statement at all or any kind of hopes for the future.

• Like 1

The rampant hacking is becoming ludicrous: I'm encountering a hacker about once every hour regardless of which server I play on. Mass teleportations, weapon hand-outs, script kills, tents galore, and item duping. The number of hackers has exponentially skyrocketed during the past few weeks, and I'm betting many forum posters here are likewise hacking in-game.

Edited by Thorne

You think standalone is going to be better?? They're using this same engine and.... BATTLEYE.

Hacking will remain in this game. Standalone or not.

:(

Source please, I thought they were going to use some other engine

It really isn't. Me and a friend are looking for a locked, private, unofficial hive server to play on, but aren't getting hopes up that it will be any better. Not going to give the skiddies any more bang for the $$ for their scripts they bought, so we're outty until BI catches up or the standalone proves it won't be the same. Sucks, was the best game I've ever played, but it's not playable right now. I've always played games with sportsmanship in mind, never to cheat, but that's the mindset of the whole bro-internet 4chan/somethingaweful net culture these days. Cheers and good luck to the folks who are going to tough it out.

Edited by twiloz

Too many threads like this to the point that it's not worth reading the forums.

Seriously, I agree with you, but it's not like there isn't enough threads about this on the same page.

People are hacking because there isnt even a point to play anymore. The game is going standalone. The fact is this game is a buggy piece of trash at best and works great for a free mod. But saying that in a few months we will have to pay for another copy of the same buggy trash.then we will also have to pay for dayz on arma 3 engine because thats apparently when serious dayz development will start. All because some kid with a good mod for one of the WORST engines of all time is getting greedy... is just disgusting and leaves a taste of bile in my mouth.

So i dont blame the hackers... its annoying. But its also annoying spending money on arma 2 and all dlc to get good textures, Upgrading my pc to a 680 just to play an outdated horrible looking game, and then losing chopper after chopper item after item every time rocket makes a change. But the biggest slap in the face is expecting us to buy dayz with arma 3 being toted as the real dayz engine.

Edited by Kithuni