Yatagan

Latest patch break accuracy?

Is it just me or did the latest patch (Or Arma2 beta?) break accuracy?

I can lay perfectly still for 10 minutes, so my redical is absolutely still and grouped, and I'll still totally miss a zombie from 10 feet away. I also can no longer use ironsights, the bullet hits so far off that I often can't even figure out where it's hitting. Before the latest patch I had no problems with this. After catching my breath weapons were very accurate at close range and ironsights were a breeze to use.

Now I can't hit a goddamn elephant 5 feet in front of me most of the time. It's incredibly annoying and has screwed me over several times.

Did the patch do this or did something somewhere break?

I guess my suggestion is, if this is a patch thing, to undo it and make guns work like they did before. But I assume it must be only me or else everyone would be here mentioning it...

Which patch are you talking about? 1.7.2.5 hasn't dropped yet, and 1.7.2.4 has been out for at least ten days if memory serves. What weapon are you using? I've noticed some weapons have absolutely shocking variance, primary among them the M9SD. Other weapons like the Winchester 1866 fly straight and true; you only have to account for (significant) bullet drop.

EDIT: a lot of weapons have variance built into the sight. For example, the M1911 and the Bizon PP-19 both have fairly broad sights. You can expect the bullet to hit somewhere between the edges of that sight when within the weapon's effective range, so try and fill as much of it as possible with zombie head.

Edited by _Gunslinger_

You have to compensate zeroing and bullets don't hit perfectly on a long weapon at point blank

Maybe you shouldn't use a Cracked version, Since you are running into their DRM called "FADE" enjoy. And please pay to play.

@Yatagan Possibly your installation of ARMA 2 got corrupted or you are (maybe unbeknownst to you) playing with a "pirated" version of the game.

Does the fade thing actually exist or not, I've heard different things. I bought the game (And it wasn't on sale), but I'm just curious.

I'm playing a legit copy. Bought Arma 2 during it's promotional event for $24. I'm aiming to be a game developer, I don't exactly endorse pirating games.

And I'm not talking about long ranges here. A few weapons that I can't hit worth shit with are the revolver, 1911, Makarov, Enfield, and crossbow. I can be literally 10 feet from a zombie, his back taking up a very large portion of my screen (like 3x3 inch on my screen). I look down sights, aim square at his back and fire. Nothing.

I don't hit.

At a distance of 25-50m I notice the puffs of dirt as my bullets hit sometimes up to 10 ft away from zombies.

I'm forced to use the breath vision (right click and it zooms) or else I hit WAY off, and even that has been rediculously innaccurate. Hitting several feet to either side of them at ranges of 10-50m.

And I sit still until my crosshairs are perfectly still, and the two side bars are touching and the middle dash doesn't move. Put the dash at their head.

I hit 4 feet to the left, and like 3 feet above them.

Wtf. I can't shoot zombies anymore.

Edited by Yatagan

Either A: You are firing in third person. Don't do this, you will miss a lot of shots.

Or B: You are a bad aim.

Some weapons are just plain bad in terms of accuracy, and that is the reason I wouldn't use them. Makarov, Winchester (more of a limited range thing) as well as many 9mm firearms (weak damage). You also have to make sure that you are:

Not moving.

Not in pain.

Firing in first person, using the sights on the gun.

If you are still missing, your game has been corrupted and is being affected by ArmA2's built-in pirate detector, with ruins your game (accuracy of weapons, the controls, settings, etc).

If you downloaded from Steam, verify your files. If you bought a CD, I'd double check to make sure it is the real deal.

EDIT: Could also be lag. Try other servers, and make sure the same thing is happening. Also be sure to note that zombies wiggle around a lot. Body shots are easier to place than headshots, but take many times more rounds with smaller caliber weapons (9mm, .45, etc)

Edited by Zeromentor

I'm verifying it all now to see if that helps.

I've played in first person ever since I noticed the head bob setting and lowered it. So it's not that. I can't have bad aim, I'm 10 ft away... I'm lining the sights up properly, I know it; I've fired guns in real life a SHITload, my dad is a gun trader so I've easily fired over 100 different kinds of guns in my life. So I know I'm aiming properly. It isn't lag, my ping is only about 35ms, and it happens on all servers I join. I'm not in pain, and if still occurs if I don't move for literally 10 minutes.

So it must be corrupted or assumed-piracy. I'm verifying now. So far Arma 2 had one file fail, but it was only 1.2kb so my hopes are low... CO just failed 1 file as well, but it was 0kb... Wat.

Edited by Yatagan

Try playing regular Arma2 specifically the bootcamp missions and the firing range, then you can figure out whether the problem is Arma2 or Dayz or something else.

I have the exact same problem. I don't belive it's FADE. The problems isn't that the shots are inaccurate, fully rested + prone, single shots will all hit the same place. The problem is the iron sights are off, almost like the entire iron sight overlay was moved down slightly.

Edit: I went into the OA armory and everthing was normal.

Edit 2: I played on a server with crosshairs, the bullets hit exactly where they were supposed to as long as I didn't use iron sights. The iron sights on the makraov were fine, so as far as I know it's only the 249SAW and M16 with messed up iron sights for me.

Edited by ratsult2

Exactly. They are consistant with ironsights, they just aren't remotely close to where they should be.

I've been rather busy, yet to try regular CO. I'll update when I do.

I did do a verify, and lately I've been making a lot more headshots in ironsights, so maybe that did fix it.