Sign in to follow this  
daspope

Helicopter Raid Practice Video

I was messing around earlier practicing with the helicopter and decided to record one of my runs to see how well Arma2 runs with Fraps going.

This was the result of that.

http://youtu.be/I26ue0ysi1k

I may or may not make some training videos in the future.

flying is much different in Dayz. When your teams life is on the line and your swarmed with hackers that script kill you..

good luck training.

Very nice, I was just using the keyboard, think I will have to give my USB PS2/3 style Logitech controller a dusting off.

flying is much different in Dayz. When your teams life is on the line and your swarmed with hackers that script kill you..

good luck training.

Obviously there's nothing you can really do to prevent hackers killing you, but you practice in the armory so that you don't kill your entire team, thus its not all that different at all with the exception of no chance for lag.

I found keyboard to be easier for reverse circle strafing something to be honest (where you keep the nose of the chopper pointed at a target and pedal the tail around, effectively flying sideways and backwards but yet not moving all at the same time :- stunt Choppers do this with two helicopters and call it the Cobra if you youtube it to get what I mean.).

The UH1H is just a bugged piece of shit imo. The pitch controls are stupidly too sensitive compared to roll, regardless of what control method or how low a sensitivity you use.

You can fly just as accurately with KB.

I lost our first DayZ chopper to poor server performance (framerate of 7fps on an i7 2600 GTX590 it was definitely server side plus bandicam recorded @ 30fps interestingly despite me only seeing every 7 frames) + lag.

Edited by Altze

I lost our first DayZ chopper to poor server performance (framerate of 7fps on an i7 2600 GTX590 it was definitely server side plus bandicam recorded @ 30fps interestingly despite me only seeing every 7 frames) + lag.

lol, ouch