Profit Melons

Zeds are the solution.

It seems like after an hour or two of learning the ropes most of the difficulty and focus on zeds is removed. When you enter a loot area the zeds are more of a slightly irritating obstacle than a massive threat and they don't even appear in the wilderness which takes up most the map. They only really ruin your day if you get caught off guard at the worst possible time and place or if your leg is broken. I know this is just alpha and the game is still great, but here are some ideas for the (probably far) future that could make the game alot more intense and interesting.

- First, the zeds should not be restricted to just an unaware and aggro state. If an investigate stage was created that is easy to trigger along with making full aggro a little easier to avoid, the game would be more tense. For example if you are glimpsed at from far a way or make racket in a town, groups of zed start to slowly make their way towards you, forcing you to relocate and making shooting players alot more risky. Also, they could be easier to dupe by creating distractions or hiding.

- For the above method to work well, zed count should be increased (although it would take alot of work for servers). By having hordes of zed in towns and cities, the gameplay would change from easily dodging zeds, but fearing other players, to tactically killing and sneaking your way through an infested area with other survivors like a real zombie apocalypse experience. Also, zeds should dot the wilderness and maybe have a chance roam the map in large packs which would discourage campers from duck hunting other players.

- Special zombies! Not like the overused LFD boomers and such, but special zeds that result from killing a player. The danger posed by these zed would be determined by the humanity of the player you kill. For example if you murder a saint, after a short amount of time he will become a creapy stalker zombie that can invesigate and follow your general area based off of smell and are much harder to kill. On the other hand if you put down a bandit they become a pathetic wailer zed that attracts other zombies after giving you a good amount of time to loot the body.

- Finally, incentives should be given for killing zeds. Maybe if you clear an area you buy yourself a good amount of time from the zed threat. Another possibility is by going on a zed massacre there is a much higher chance that the bodies will yeild cool and rare items.

By beefing up the zombie factor cooperation would be greatly encouraged, surviving would be alot more intense and player murdering would be riskier. Plus this is a zombie apocalyplse game so it should really feel like one.

• Like 4

Hard to tell if this guy is pro rocket or anti rocket.

Bro rocket has fucked with the zombie mechanics so much it makes all of our heads spin.deal with it,say thank you may i have more beans and be very complacent!!

Hard to tell if this guy is pro rocket or anti rocket.

Bro rocket has fucked with the zombie mechanics so much it makes all of our heads spin.deal with it,say thank you may i have more beans and be very complacent!!

Thanks, I'm totally pro rocket I'm just spewing my dreams for the distant future if a standalone is ever developed.

just the special zed is bullshit

the rest is realy good sugestions..

For example if you are glimpsed at from far a way or make racket in a town, groups of zed start to slowly make their way towards you

I honestly feel like they do this now.

I always feel as if, even though they aren't aggro'd, they are slowly walking directly towards me.

Adding more zeds has been suggested over and over.

Please use the search bar.

Yea, it is pretty obvious, I just included so it would support the other ideas.

By beefing up the zombie factor cooperation would be greatly encouraged, surviving would be alot more intense and player murdering would be riskier. Plus this is a zombie apocalyplse game so it should really feel like one.

This game is about coop and bandits, or just human psychology in a zombie infected world if you wish to play a coop only game go find one.

This game is about coop and bandits, or just human psychology in a zombie infected world if you wish to play a coop only game go find one.

I actually love the bandit and distrust aspect, I just think zombies should be a bigger threat.

Don't mind him. There's at least one 'UZE DA SERCH BAH!' and 'DIS IS PvP GAME! GO PLAY CoD!'' post in every thread, regardless of what you've said. After a couple of days on the forum it's just like reading the same threads over and over.

Edited by mZLY

I've given up on trying to sneak past zombies. It's easier to just sprint everywhere and lose them. It should be easier to sneak around them.

i think, it would be a nice change, if zombies if killed stay dead, until server restart. maybe even respawn loot every server restart. on the other hand, here are much more zombies, or they are more agressive.

Actually i think you are entirely WRONG! ... looking at this problem from the Zed's will only lead to OP zeds that nobody can fight, or just some annoyance that everybody ignores.

The sollution is limiting the player through 'STAMINA/ENDURANCE' & 'STRENGTH/ITEM-WEIGHT!'

These 2 together with the zeds will give 3 'knobs' to turn and tweak, and will result in a more authentic and tense game. Aslong as we can outrun the zeds 'till the zombie apocalypse comes' zeds will never be more than an annoyance, or they will be OP ...

*?* want to know more about stamina/endurance & strength/item-weight, check the 'full physical'-thread linked in the post in my signature. OR read up on ACE

• Like 1

Hey OP this is an amazing idea! Go on, begin to code that AI, assuming you can trick the restrictions of the arma engine!

Hey OP this is an amazing idea! Go on, begin to code that AI, assuming you can trick the restrictions of the arma engine!

since you seem to be an expert on the topic why don't you enlighten us all about what exactly in the arma engine is keeping anybody from realizing what's suggested here?

it's funny how suddenly everyone is and expert on arma modding... :rolleyes: