Sign in to follow this  
chocolateflakes2010@hotmail.co.uk

Need help with DayZ

Okay so I bought DayZ (Arma II CO) like 2days ago. I have been trying for hours to get it to work... every time I try it I get ehh something about missing DLC and it was probably deleted (nothing was) and I bought it directly through you store - Steam Version.

I downloaded DayZ via: SixLauncher. I have followed many guides, wikis and people saying stuff on other posts and nothing... I really need help to get this to work....

Okay so I have tried to launch it through Steam (yes I have launched both Arma II, Arma OA and Arma CO) and that doesn't work, I launch it through SixLauncer, it doesn't work... I launch it through a shortcut a few guides said to make "_runA2CO_beta - Shortcut"

I have re-installed DayZ. Installed the beta patch (ran the exe) and I have even over-writ the exe in CO from the Beta / Addon section....

Can someone actually help me? If you have TeamViewer7 you can view my screen and have clicking permission so you can have a fiddle about... see if you can sort it out.

Let me know. I'll be on all day trying to get this to work and I am going to reinstall the game and try that again...

So please let me know! Also yeah I have all the DLC and I have tried pretty much everything I could find on other peoples guides or w/e.... all my friends didn't have this problem, only one guy I know did and that was on the first day he bought it but it auto-fixed. Thanks for reading and your time... I'll be waiting ;)

PS. I may fall asleep.. its 4AM here haha.

Are you running everything as Administrator? What errors are you getting?

Are you running everything as Administrator? What errors are you getting?

Wow that was a fast reply -_-

Eh do you have TeamViewer? I've explained a ton of this before to another guy and he couldn't get it working... easier to see it your self.

Edit* Sorry eh I am redownloading the game at this current moment. I came on early 5AM so I can get a fast download speed... it took 7hours in the day time.

I got 2.4MB so it'll be done in about 30mins edit* 27% in like 5minutes.

Like 20minutes and I'll test everything you ask :P

Edited by UndeadSniper

Can you elaborate on the issues you are having? Like, what the errors are saying and such? Something about missing DLC isn't very specific. The only thing I know about missing DLC would be you trying to play on two accounts.. which I don't think is the case here.

Eh yes. I'll edit this and give you the exact error code I get... give me a minute.

I either get server rejected bad client or this: "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependant on downloadble content that has been deleted chernarus"

I don't know what else to do..

Edited by UndeadSniper

Hm... I've never actually had that issue thankfully. You said you installed everything correctly? You bought OA, not pirated it? You ran both Arma II and OA BEFORE downloading DayZ? That's really all I can think of.. again, not my department. Sorry I can't be of further assistance.

Hm... I've never actually had that issue thankfully. You said you installed everything correctly? You bought OA, not pirated it? You ran both Arma II and OA BEFORE downloading DayZ? That's really all I can think of.. again, not my department. Sorry I can't be of further assistance.

Yes it is not a pirate. I bought it from Bohemia store or something like that ;)

I am going to try and delete both games again and slowly check every file is downloading. Well this will be fun!

Yes it is not a pirate. I bought it from Bohemia store or something like that ;)

I am going to try and delete both games again and slowly check every file is downloading. Well this will be fun!

Did you buy a Steam copy, or a copy off of some game key website?