Sign in to follow this  
eXistenZ (DayZ)

Starting Weapon

Hey, I really think the developers of DayZ need to put a starting weapon back in, even if its just melee, ANYTHING!

I have spent like hours running from zombies, especially if its day, it seems like (I'm fair sure) that zombies spot you easlier during the day (sorry if that sounds noobish) so i cant even get to a warehouse or anything, I even prone and 10-20 metres away they spot me and because the character gets up so slowly, I get hit! This is soooo annoying, I can't do jack with out any means to protect myself. and please don't comment things like 'run up a hill, or go into water' I know how to escape them but the zombies see me too easily and I cant kill them!

Please change I'm just asking for a simple means of defense.

I think starting with a crowbar (which takes 5-8 hits to kill) would be reasonable.

• Like 1

Use a 2 tin cans or 2 whiskey bottles those will hurt stuff. =D

As for starter weapon they took that out because of beach griefing.

Hit a person with a can and broke there leg so I know it works. =D

Edited by Rhumar

If they turned the flashlight in to a 6 cell mag light then we'd really be talkin. :)

Hey, I really think the developers of DayZ need to put a starting weapon back in, even if its just melee, ANYTHING!

I have spent like hours running from zombies, especially if its day, it seems like (I'm fair sure) that zombies spot you easlier during the day (sorry if that sounds noobish) so i cant even get to a warehouse or anything, I even prone and 10-20 metres away they spot me and because the character gets up so slowly, I get hit! This is soooo annoying, I can't do jack with out any means to protect myself. and please don't comment things like 'run up a hill, or go into water' I know how to escape them but the zombies see me too easily and I cant kill them!

Please change I'm just asking for a simple means of defense.

Oh look they're bringing back the makarov for a starting weapon....

testa.jpg

What about using the flashlight to beat zombies with? You spawn with a flashlight, in real life you could use anything as a weapon, swinging your backpack, using the flashlight etc.