Sign in to follow this  
BeerIACtD

US360 - Teleported to Coast and then Banned

I was just playing on US360, I worked my way into the NWAF when I came up against a clan of players and all hell broke lose!

I thought it was all a bit of fun, but the Admins there saw fit to exploit their status, angry that I had won the battle... I've enjoyed this server immensely as the clan there has heavily fortified the area with Tank Traps and Barbed Wire, it makes sneaking in to steal loot from under their noses all the more fun, I had only encountered one player before this... who ALT-F4'd and led me to consider myself an enemy of this clan.

The events...

I saw another player coming out of the Southern Barracks, I called out friendly but there was no response... so I opened fire, we had a bit of a firefight changing position just the once. During this fight he did start talking over comms asking if I was someone else specific, all I said was "No"... It was too late, I considered the area to be a hostile environment from this point on. I put him down. (Playername: =DRN=Cyg0r3)

While trying to get to his body safely to loot, another player approached. I only saw him for a second through the bushes but opened fire in that direction and got another quick kill (Playername: Church)... I knew this must be a clan so I ran to that body, swapped packs without checking, assuming it was better than what I had... grabbed is NV and GPS and bolted out of the airfield with the sounds of a Chopper approaching. I'm not a complete douche, so I did not hide the body... the pack I left behind is full of meat with an M16 M203 with mags, I hope the clan recovers it.

The chopper with lights swept around and I thought I was well hidden under a large pine tree, it started to hover with the light right on me so I ran again... I stopped in a bush for a moment and opened my new pack, to my delight there was an M107... I pulled it out and loaded it up and then started yelling over comms; "Back off Helo or I will shoot! Friendly! Friendly! Go away, I just want to LIVE!"

I don't know if Helo's can hear players on the ground, but it was only 110m away. I stepped out into the open and hip fired the M107 at the helo, expecting it to back away... it did not, so I scoped up and fired 3 shots into the pilot area of the helo, it crashed and I got the kill credit... I started running out away through the treeline towards the barn between the Airfield and Vybor stopping to quickly fill and drink a water bottle as I was flashing thirsty. Moments later I was teleported to the coast but without any buildings, like the Debug area, I Alt-F4'd immediately... and then logged back in on another server, I was still at the coast but the rest was normal and I had my gear. I ran myself up into the trees to a safer position and then Disconnected.

I let myself calm down a little and messaged a friend about the awesome adventure I had just had... I try to log back into that server but just as I load in it says "BattleEye: Banned"

I did nothing against the rules, Admins can't just teleport players around and ban them from their servers because they don't like the way the game has played out, that's the whole point! There is another post on these forums about the US360 admins teleporting things around because they lost a fight. http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/42603-lol-banned-from-us360-for-supposed-cheating/page__hl__us360

I understand that people playing as a group have to delay their engagements to confirm it's not a friend... as a solo player inside the enemy perimeter I use that to my advantage. I tried to befriend the resident clan on 2 separate occasions... once I got bullets and an Alt-F4 as the response, the second time the response was not quick enough, so I opened fire first... It's too late to ask for peace when you're now at the disadvantage.

This character started on this server, geared up in a hectic night of Elektro and then worked all the way north of the NWAF... swept through it to gear up one day and returned to camp, then got into position for another run from the south today... no server hopping involved, and I have to say it was quite exciting and terrifying to know that this organised clan may find me with a patrol or overwatch sniper at any moment!

I would have preferred to befriend a group playing as organised as this, I'd loved to have taken a ride in that chopper... instead I got 3 kills, an awesome experience and a server ban.

It's a clan server, let me log back on and hunt me down like men! Don't teleport me around and ban me so you don't have to deal with any opposition.

I'm enjoying this server specifically and am even willing to return my ill-gotten goods in exchange for peace and a spot in the clan... Look forward to hearing from you.

Oh yes, if you don't get the abbreviation my playername is "Beer in a Cocktail Dress"

My friend who I messaged is actually in the DRN clan but hasn't had a chance to play with them yet, that's why he told me to play on that server. I messaged him again to hopefully link this on their site, but I don't know if he wants to jeopardize his chance of playing with them or whatever, so I'll just start somewhere else if not.

My friend says he posted this on the clan forums... I hope one of them gives a response here. I don't actually want them to get in trouble for abusing Admin powers, would rather an explanation and unban.

I'm also setting up Fraps incase I have another crazy adventure!

Well, it happened... I'm not saying it is a legit Admin power but the ban definitely is by the admin, then the teleporting is a script/hack this admin happened to be using.

Did you even read the post?

I shouldn't have to just go and play on another server, this is the server I have been playing on... I have a camp there and enjoy the server. It is against the rules for Admins to ban without reason, furthermore this one is using illegal scripts such as the teleport. Now I'm on the coast with Ghillie, SD Weapon and M107... that is not fair to new survivors, and I should not have to deal with this.

There's no point you commenting if you have nothing to add, I will await the reply of the admins from this server... if they have the guts to own up to what they have been doing.

I play on there too.

There has been so much hacker activity lately that a few mistaken bans have been happening, including one to me (Seeing as I know most of the blokes via work, I see their frustration). They've reached the stage where they may shut the server down because of the intense attacks from script kiddies.

I can understand innocents getting caught in the crossfire of those in the wrong (DRM anyone?), but just because someone kills you is no reason to jump to the conclusion that they were hacking... as I described above, it was a completely legitimate engagement, nothing suss about it to suspect hacking at all. Just because the clan members and admins came out worse for wear they decide to ban, this is outright power abuse... the fact that my character was teleported first is the real worry.

Judging from my experience today, I'd even call into question if there have ever been hackers on the server...

Most people who claim an enemy was "Invincible" are just missing the target because they don't understand weapon zeroing.

Most people who claim an enemy "teleported around" are probably just seeing a De-sync recover.

Most people who claim they were "teleported to a central location and turned into animals" are just on drugs.

(That last one is a joke.)

@BeerIACtD

As i am 1 of the 2 admins for this server and after discussing this post with the other admin, we have decided to lift your ban to the server..BUT let it be known that from here on you will be watched carefully and that any suspect action viewed upon yourself with regards to teleporting,eploits or anything else stated in the rules you will be banned no questions asked...

also to say the admins teleported you is a bit of a joke as numerous people in this post as well as myself have and will state that we the server admins do not have the power to teleport anyone across the server, we only have the power to kick/ban hackers and abusive people to set out to ruin everyones game...to also quote another post from a hacker who was caught red handed when he and his mates where watched teleporting over the map you seriously need to get your facts right before quoting this...

i now consider this matter closed...if u wish to take this further please get your friend manifesto to give u our TS detials and come and chat with us personally before posting on any forums bad mouthing us

Im wondering what would make you think he was the hacker and prompt you to BE ban him?

what was your proof used to reach this decision, the fact he was there?

reversed or not, it sounds like a kneejerk reaction based on being pissed at losing and not for any reason based in reality

Thanks for the Unban, I hope to see you on the battlefields later this afternoon!

I suppose thinking this over there's the chance that I was teleported by someone other than the clan members, it just seems like an awful coincidence the time it occured at. I welcome the close watchful eye on my actions as you'll see I'm only gaining access to your compound by legitimate means!

@swag

It was a knee jerk reaction based on the number of hits we recieved with alt-f4ers, people being turned into sheep and dropped from a10s etc all in that same period..he may have been seen as teleporting but it may have been someone eles that caused it..as im not the one who imposed the ban...as far as im concerned the matter has been resolved and appologies have been made