Sign in to follow this  
Supershee

Will this game run with these specs?

Hey,

I was hoping someone here would be able to help.

I'm buying a new laptop and was wondering whether a laptop with these specs would run it.

Intel Core i3-2367m 1.4GHz

Nvidia Geforce GT 640m with 1gb vRAM

4gb RAM

Here's the laptop: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-TimeLine-SuperMulti-Windows-Premium/dp/B007RMVWMY

Would I have any chance of running at a playable (<25 minimum)fps?

Cheers for the help!

I love this: RRP: £579.99 Price: £579.59 You Save: £0.40

Anyways, the laptop is shit compared to what you can get for that amount of money.

• Like 1

I paid $800 and some odd dollars (USD) for my 17" HP Dv7 that came with and intel i7 CPU and 8GB RAM, I upped the ram to 16GB for another $150 from newegg. it runs on normal settings just fine.

so in short, yeah dont get that laptop.

It will run it, but not very well. For the money you would spend on the laptop you could get a desktop that would run it as smooth as butter.

this is the exact laptop I have.

http://www.amazon.co... dv7 dark umber

I had to tweek the video options some to keep it from getting choppy, but for the most part it runs good. so in comparison, yeah don't go with that other laptop.

Edit: thats the laptop I use for my business, hence the 16GB ram, lol, this is the first game ive ever played on my laptop since my PC's vid card crapped out i did most of my gaming on XBox 360

Edited by daspope

Build a desktop. You can put together a really good system that will run pretty much anything you could throw at it for

Build a desktop. You can put together a really good system that will run pretty much anything you could throw at it for �600.

He said he wants a laptop

He said he wants a laptop

And I'm telling him that building a desktop would be (economically) much more sensible and provide him with a better gaming experience. He can take the information and form his own opinion...

Okay, people are saying things like 'It's shit compared to other stuff at that price' and 'You should build a desktop instead' and so on, so I'd just like to clarify:

1. I would like a laptop - reasons are that I don't have much room and I'll be going to uni soon so I'll have even less room.

2. Gaming isn't the only reason I need the laptop, It would just be nice to be able to play a few games when I'm not busy.

3. I was expecting to make some compromises at this price range so went with a decent GPU for a slower CPU

Also, I was drawn to that laptop because of the graphics card, the GT640m is meant to be pretty good, it's just the i3 chip was a bit slow. If anyone can recommend some comparable laptops for ~£500 that would be nice.

Would the same laptop with an i5-2467m processor be okay?

Also - I tried looking for a laptop with an i7 + 8gb + GTX, but they are £500 over my budget :)

Thanks

The CPU is very weak and Arma II is very CPU intensive, this laptop is not a good one for gaming.

Okay, any alternatives? The only laptops I could find for £500 with an i7 processor have weaker Graphics Cards, this isn't helped by the act that I'm not great at telling apart the good components from the bad ones.

What I'm looking for is a laptop with a processor strong enough to run this game at a steady ~25-30fps on low/medium, with a good enough graphics card that I can nicely run the more GPU intensive games on nice settings.

Thanks a lot to everyone who replied! Been a great help, It was actually dispatched before I could cancel it so I had to decline it at my doorstep, so I'll have to wait an extra few days now, but I think it's worth it.

I decided to up my budget a bit to £750 and I went for this one instead.

i7-3610Q

Geforce GT 640M

8gb RAM

Again, thanks for the help :)