.MC

Major FPS Issues/Lag

Hey guys, I'm relatively new to DayZ, however when I first started the game, I instantly could see the FPS issues. I had heard before I had gotten the game that DayZ was graphics intensive. I hhave done over 4 hours + research on the issue, and have tried almost every possible way to fix the lag. I'll list the attempted fixes below:

• RamDisk
  • LinkShellExtension
  • Adjusting Video Options (to the lowest of the low, as in, the game looked like shit)
  • GameBooster
  • Messing with the config, files of Arma II and such

Thus, I have come to the conclusion that my computer must be complete shit. So I decided to post my specs here and try to get some feedback on which parts to replace, and maybe some suggestions on what parts I should purchase to replace those parts. Here are my specs:

My Computer Specs

All feedback is greatly appreciated! (sorry I had to use a link, I could create a image for some reason)

Well, Arma is very CPU intensive, and you only have a dual core. You also only have 3 gigs of ram and would do well to have at least four (I personally have 6). Your graphics card only has 512 mb of memory, and is dated. You may need to think about upgrading that and finding one with at least 1gb of memory. So while your computer isn't terrible, you may need to consider some upgrades in the near future.

Edited by killjoy

Are there any parts you would recommend? (please keep in mind that I'm not spending 1,000$ on a video card)

Are there any parts you would recommend? (please keep in mind that I'm not spending 1,000$ on a video card)

I wouldn't suggest an upgrade, just buy a brand new machine. Anything on the market for 750-1100 USD will last you for the next few years, as I'm sure the one you have right now has.

If you are looking to upgrade, your motherboard has to be compatible with the card, but upgrading just your card won't really solve anything. :\

That PC i preety much outdated for todays standards.

In 2012/2013 u wont be able to play almost any game on a stable FPS framerate.

Edited by VaultDweller

Personally, If I were you, I would just do a new build. If you have the time and effort building a computer yields more reward per money spent than a prefab machine. A new CPU will most likely require a new motherboard, and maybe something compatible with DDR3 Ram if you are so inclined etc. My rig runs this pretty well and I never had to spent a ton on a graphics card. I bought a GTX 460 1gb on sale and put it in SLI with an older 9800gt 512mb that I already had and it is more than adaquate to run modern games.

I know this is a month late, but I just want to counter everyone who is saying you have to buy a new machine(which is totally unhelpful). I got Day Z to work pretty well on machine a little worse than yours: an xp machines with a Pentium 4 dual core and a 256mb geoforce 8600.

I found this particularly helpful (though you probably also have seen this):

http://dayzmod.com/f...h-out-the-game/

I set most of the setting in-game lower than the guy who made that post did.

Also, setting the priority of DayZ in windows task manager to "real time" or "high" also made a big difference. Anyway, the graphics aren't maxed out certainly, but it runs reasonably well at my monitors native resolution (1280x1084).

Edited by abossie