Jack Pilot

Your unluckiest/luckiest moments in DayZ?

Thought I would make this thread as I am interested in knowing some peoples luckieat and unluckiest moments in DayZ.

I will go first and suprisingly both of these happened in a day(z).. Arn't I clever? :)

Luckiest: Found 2 L85's at one crashed helicopter site.

Unluckiest: Parked my ural too close to my chopper whilst refueling and starting the chopper up made it all go boom ;D.

Looking forward to everyone elses moments =p.

Luckiest: Killing 2 people camping top of cherno.

Finding a Lada with everything green except Engine at the medical tents in Stary Sobor. Driving it to Gorka to fix said engine. Wrecking the Lada by gently bumping into a road block 20 meters before the destination. (explosion, death, etc.)

Edited by Kythia

>start up lingor island for the first time

>spawn in front of an air control tower

>run into it

>find a coyote backpack

>run to a schoolhouse

>find an ak-74 kobra and PDW on a dead body

>there's a broken down car right in front of the school

I found a working jeep full of high end gear and 6 jerry cans in the back. The owners must have forgotten to save the jeep an it randomly reset next to me.

Finding a Lada with everything green except Engine at the medical tents in Stary Sobor. Driving it to Gorka to fix said engine. Wrecking the Lada by gently bumping into a road block 20 meters before the destination. (explosion, death, etc.)

Ouch that last bit sure did sound painful.

Thought I would make this thread as I am interested in knowing some peoples luckieat and unluckiest moments in DayZ.

I will go first and suprisingly both of these happened in a day(z).. Arn't I clever? :)

Luckiest: Found 2 L85's at one crashed helicopter site.

Unluckiest: Parked my ural too close to my chopper whilst refueling and starting the chopper up made it all go boom ;D.

Looking forward to everyone elses moments =p.

Luckiest moment: Found a M24 and a coyote backpack in the fire station at the NWAF, then as I'm leaving the NWAF, I spot a heli crash and find NVGs.

Unluckiest moment: I got shot in the back just 5 minutes after finding all that. Didn't even get a chance to use any of it.

Luckiest = Dodged and weaved 2 guys with enfields and took them out with a 1911.

Unluckiest = Parked my ATV and traveled into some woods for about 150m. Pitched tent in tree to hide it. Walked up to it to put guns and stuff in it. Wasn't giving the icon to open tent. Walked around it multiple times and still nothing. I lay down next to it and SNAP broke my legs and brought me to 3k Life before I could reach my ATV that had my medical supplies in it. (passed out 2 times or so during this long process) Then waited an hour and a half for my bro to bring me some morphine. (passing out periodically while waiting)

Edited by killashrub

Luckiest: Finding a fully repaired Ural Civillian with a whole lot of gear in the back, including two jerry cans of gas. Putting the jerry cans in to get it moving and driving it back to my clans base. My guess is that the people who had it ran out of fuel, forgot they had fuel in the back and went to check the nearby town for fuel cans. Inside was multiple M107 mags. A few basic rifles. Tonnes of STANAG mags, a bunch of empty jerry cans. Bandages, pain killers. 2 PDW's. 3 Revolvers. M9SD. Draganov magazines. AKM and AKM magazines. Winchester with ammo. GPS. Binoculars. + much much more including a lot of food.

Unluckiest: Just finished looting northwest airfield with clan mates. Clan mates had just given me NVG's and a GPS which they looted from a campsite they found. My inventory was full with loot so I decided I wanted to head back to our clans base and throw some excess gear in the tents. Hadn't been split from my team-mates for even 2 minutes when someone opened up on me and killed me. Lost an M4 with aimpoint and 4 magazines, AKM with 3 magazines, makarov with 1 magazine. 7 bandages, ghillie suit, ALICE pack, some food. 2 water bottles, hunting knife, matches, map, GPS, NVG's, Toolbox, hatchet, military flashlight, 2 pain killers, epipen, morphine and a bloodbag. What makes this so unlucky is that apart from my 3 clan mates on the server, there was only 2 other people on the server.

Unluckiest: Breaking my leg near stary sobor so i crawl my way back to Cherno, when i get there the Admin auto kills everyone.....

Unluckiest: Breaking my leg near stary sobor so i crawl my way back to Cherno, when i get there the Admin auto kills everyone.....

Man that must of taken forever lol ;D

Lucky to Death

Spent about an hour locating friend who started that day. Find him give him my pistol/pistol ammo and an m16 acog no ammo. we move from kamenka over the hill to komarova. he says he wants to log so lets loot this one building and log. Clear the indie building at the port in komarova and reach the roof when we hear the thumping noise of a heli in flight. GET INSIDE! we get in the door and hear KABOOOOOM! LULZ he crashed. We decide to go investigate. Find pilot and loot all his goodies. We start moving back up the hill and start talking about who gets what from the loot. ...... Then the distinct sound of another Heli. WTF? Pilot lands and starts heading to the previous crash. We pursue. He stops starts looking around and sees my friend and he lit him up. OMG I GOT HIM! I GOT HIM. we go up and start looting. while discussing what to pick up/give/take/keep i hear a loud crack. my friend calls out across teamspeak im down. i say fuck close the bag and run. zign and zagn and Crack am dead. the same fucker from the 2nd heli and what i assume is the first heli teleported and killed us both.

Well, me and my friend were quite lucky yesterday and today.

Yesterday: Friend goes up a deerstand, falls off and breaks his leg (we were a few clicks north west of Stary Sobor with no morphine.) I proceed to walk towards Stary in hope of maybe finding a dead player with morphine on him, instead I find a heli crash site in a field. When I approach it I see two boxes of medical supplies so I stocked up on blood bags and morphine and we both healed up.

Today: Me and my friend enters a high value residential building, he finds camo clothing and a compass while I find myself a ghillie suit (oh how happy we were.) We proceeded to a supermarket where we both found a tent each, we found a nice spot to pitch a tent. I saved it and put a can of beans in it, saved it again and reconnected to the server to see if it would still be there. Well, when we had reconnected we found that my friend now had 2 extra tents in his inventory while I had gotten an extra tent myself AND lost my precious ghillie suit forever.

There, me and my friend's luckiest and unluckiest moments.

Finding a remington at Stary, thinking I might take the Kobra instead but left it there for the next survivor. Another guy grabs the Kobra and then kills me with it.

Was in the firehouse, going down the tower stairs. I get to the bottom and someone unloads at me, he had clear vision/shooting path. No idea how he possibly missed, perhaps he was as startled as I was and just fired without aiming. However, I simply turned and hit in square in the chest with my lee enfield, he passed out. I said over coms, good going slick perhaps you shouldn't shoot first, then put him down. Considering I was friendly, I wouldn't have shoot him.

Luckiest hmm, i guess when i sneaked up to the helicopter with my lee enfield and shot 2 guys and ended up getting their helicopter.

We found the V3S Civilian (Green Truck) full of goodies and another vehicle. Driving to our base we found a chopper that was taking off. We tried to shoot the pilot but instead we got backstabbed by 2 other players. Spawned 50-100m away from the truck, got in and almost rolled over one of the guys... almost.

Got another spawn near the same area, tried to find/follow the truck, didn't manage to do that. I'm still considering if it was worth stopping for chopper kill while we had 2 cars with a lot, A LOT, of gear in them :(

Luckiest: I spawned into the pub in Elektro (pretty bad place to log out/in really) and looked out the window at 3 geared players inside of the supermarket, who parked the van(forgot name) right outside. I tagged all 3 and got their stuff and their vehicle. Highlights being a rangefinder, M4CCOSD, and NVG's along with enough parts in the van to keep me going for a while.

Unluckiest: I had broken my legs in northern berezino by the church (boo Mike Tyson Zombie punches) and crawled all the way to the hospital roof for a morphine. When I used the morphine my guy took a single step back straight off the roof and died. I lost a pretty much completely geared character. That single incident was the the most utterly frustrating thing I've experienced in the game other than pine tree's breaking limbs. Still could have been worse though.

Luckiest was logging in to Balota ATC, hear voices over direct comms, hear them saying they are going to let a dude go then they shoot him. I had found an AKM with 1 mag before logging the night before (fresh spawn). Opened up on them and managed to kill two of them as I didn't want to be the next guy they robbed. After a long shootout with zeds the third guy climbs the ladder. I have 3 AKM bullets. He makes the mistake of trying to shoot through concrete. I wait for him to reload and kill him, I find he has everything I need plus a GPS.

My unluckiest:

Mate killed two people with a whinny, finds that they had a rangefinder and NVG (never had a set even though I have looted 10 HCS). I log on to grab them off him as I am usually lookout for the group. He trades them to me. A minute later everyone on the server gets kicked with a Battleye script #55. I log back in to find that I don't have them. He logs back in to find he doesn't have them either.

GGWP Battleye, you fail to stop hackers yet you can fuck over legitimate players quite well.

Edited by Yoshi667

Luckiest - went from 2000 blood in pitch black, thunder and rain stuck in a barn with beans and 2 shots in my shottie to finding a ghillie suit, cooked meat, binoculars, enfield with tons of ammo, and 4 sodas and 2 beans in my first half hour of day z.

Unluckiest - travelled for 45 mins from that point and ended up back at the barn i started in. Complete fucking circle!

My lucky moment was when one guy tried to axe me in one of the barns.

This happened because I tried to avoid him and fell from barn stairs and broke leg.

While I was applying morphine I told him I'm friendly and that I could have shot him already.

Anyway he hit me with axe, I managed to wound him with Lee Enfield before stumbling to coma.

He was probably new as he did not finish me and instead bandaged himself and ate some stuff.

That gave me time to wake up, finish him with another shot and bandage myself and survive with 1700 blood left :-).

Edited by Hombre

Unlucky:

One from our team died yesterday, because he pressed V (wanted to hit C instead) infront of some stairs into one of the RED houses, with the hall and side room.

He died badly, ended under the house, so we couldn't loot/get his gear.

He had nvg, ghillie, rangefinder, gps, m4a1 cco sd and other stuff :D

Edited by Shaktar