Simonius5000

US 863 shutting server down

Someday, when you least expect it, I am going to sneak up behind you and whisper in your ear "this is for restarting..." as my team of ninja assassins executes every member of your mumble, leaving you alone and helpless in the northern forest. Then I will force you into a PBX, if we can find one, and strand you on Skalisty Island with broken legs and a czech vest pouch, where you will spend the rest of your Day Z days in isolation.

I absolutely love this server, the admins are always on top of things. Just wish we had a higher pop late at night.

I was one of the players complaining about the script kiddies. My friend was in this server at the same time as myself and I heard him shout in Ventrilo..."DUDE, get to my location ASAP!" I asked what had taken place and he engaged and killed 2 players that were trying to sneak up behind him. I wasn't far from his location, riding an ATV, so I arrived quickly. We looted their bodies and took off in a matter of not even a minute (we loot quickly and leave). We traveled about 200m north of where he engaged the 2 players and the next thing you know, we were being fired upon by someone using an M4A1 CCO SD. I was hit first and while trying to get away, I mistakenly tried to look towards my left and accidentally clipped a tree. I ejected from the ATV and went prone but it was useless by this time, as I was murdered. My friend riding with me was immediately murdered afterwards. Two more of our friends were in the server north of this location and the next thing you know, they were confronted by the same two players that my friend shot, not 10 minutes before. There's no way someone could spawn in on the south shore and make their way to them that quickly. I immediately contacted Melted349 about the situation and come to find out, they were teleporting.

NOW, with this being said, I can tell you guys this much. We've been playing in US 863 for a while now and I have NEVER seen these admins do anything abusive. I've seen Melted349 show up on the death messages a few times over the last week and all he says is "Good shot man!" and that's it. A few nights ago, my friend and I were looting a grocery store. Melted349 and one of his friends rolled right up on us in a vehicle as my friend was entering the store. All he did was honk the horn and kept on going. Of course I was tripping out because there weren't that many people in the server at this time but he could've easily engaged us and chose to do the opposite. Does this sound like a guy who abuses his admin privys? I'm sure he was laughing as he passed by. lol

As for you SUNKISTTUNA, I have my own opinion about a guy who destroys camps just for giggles. It takes alot of work to build a camp. When I find one, the last thing on my mind is to destroy it. I will loot and take what I need but that's it. If I get shot in the process, so be it, I deserved it. I guess everyone is different but I will say this. What you did was a bitch move, plain and simple. Let the flame war begin. lol

Edited by Mr_Beanz
  • Like 2

Everyone chooses how to play, and I fully embrace the fact that destroying the camp was not the most morally sound thing to do. I turned bandit a long time ago, after being killed dozens of times on the coast by bastard snipers, and I havent looked back since. More specifically in this case, I didnt try to destroy the camp just for shits and giggles, I was trying to kill as many of the campers as I could in one blast, since the end goal was only to gain control of the Huey. By blowing the vehicles, I was hoping to distract anyone I didnt catch in the explosion long enough for me to make a run for the chopper and get the hell out of there. My friend had even resigned himself to the fact that he would probably die, but was willing to do so if his death allowed me to get the Helo.

That being said, I figured it wasn't Melted who restarted, since he had gone offline about 45 minutes prior to our little terrorist action. He seemed pretty chill. I might even join the mumble server.

I agree with how people choose to play and completely understand. I myself have ran into the same exact problem, thus the reason for me staying out of Cherno and Elektro. I'd like to have a dollar every time I've been at the NW Airfield and some punk spawns in at the normal sniping spots, just to get a cheap shot at someone. Fortunately, I have friends with me and they don't succeed very often. lol

This may sound ironic and not 100% sure, but when you flew over with the Huey last night, I think I was in there around the same time because one of my friends heard a heli fly over him, so all of this could've been taking place simultaneously and the reason why the server was restarted. Right after I was killed, I emailed the admins about the 2 players we ran into. They were complete douchebags, teleporting all over the place. I went back and watched my other friend's Twitch stream today and definitely confirmed that one of them popped up RIGHT in front of him while he was riding a bicycle on the highway, trying to find our bodies! lol We knew it was the same guys because they were using the M4A1 CCO SD, which is the same rifle they used to kill me and another friend. After my one friend killed them the first time, like I said, we looted their bodies and all they had in their inventory & packs were AS50's and the SD's, with a TON of ammo for both rifles. Anyone knows that you need to keep food and drink in your pack in order to survive and these guys didn't have anything pertaining to that. It's been a big issue to deal with lately.