Sign in to follow this  
jingled@hotmail.com

New Player questions. Help is appreciated.

Hello Community.

I just bought recently a Arma2 just so to play DayZ.

After several failness (around 4-5 deaths in a row. I've finally managed to get decent gear.

Tough i1ve noticed something weird. I often watch streamers of DayZ and they have a "Temperature" in their DEBUG.

Now i did my digging in DayZ wiki and it says thats body temperature and it got removed off of the DEBUG and now i can only know it by watching the indicator above the thirst icon.

Now my problem is... It's always green/yellowish. No matter if i run in rain for several hours, color doesnt change. Is it a bug? or temperature and Illness isn't implemented yet? or it's implemented but the icon for temperature is buged and not working so i just need to guess my body temperature?

reason i'm worried is i don't want to die to illness -_-

Thansk in advance for your answers. keep in mind english is not my first language :P

PS.: A "good story for those who bother with my topic :)

I was running to NW airfield (since i got a map from a store in Elektro). I did my looting in barracks and the hangars when i got shot in the leg, leg broke... yet i managed to take down that guy with my AK-47 and the several zombies which my and his shot agrod. Since i was there without any morphine... i had 3 choices.

1: Kill myself.

2: try to get from NW airfield to a Big City to get morphine

3: wait at NW airfield till some1 comes and try to murder them in hope they have a morphine.

I picked the 3rd option (where's the rush? i can commit suicide later too :)). First i climbed the big buildings ladder near the hangars so i can have a good overview over the field (since i have binaculars). i've waited literally 5 hours in 1 place (it was a server with only 6 player in it and since server hopping is cheating...) then i gave up and got the idea to "move" to barracks and look if morphine spawns there, if not i kill myself. just when i was sneaking in the grass halfway through the airfield, i hear gunshots from the hangar. i sneak up, and i see 2 guys guns blazing with shotguns on zombies o.0 (my chance shines). i sneak closer and wait for the perfect chance (since i was badly hurt without painkillers my aim was bad on long distance. they finally cleared all of the zombies and stood 1 place. i took my shot on the first guy which was bandaging himself, got him in 3 shots.

His friend then started to aim in my shots direction (since i was hidden in the grass he couldnt pinpoint my location from his location. i did shot him once or twice but he ran away behind the hangars. i camped there for 10-15min just to make sure that guy is not waiting for me to loot his friend. i finally got to my killed opponent, and he had a freakin morphine! :D damn that feeling was untellable. the moment when my waiting with broken legs for almost 5 and an half hour finally pays off was priceless. that was my first big gunfight in DayZ, and with a broken leg... it was really a Live or Die moment :)

Hope you had fun readign it. Cheers.

There's no other way to know than listening to your character, if you hands start to shake, you better have a heatpack near...

Nice story! XP

And to your temperature question: I'm not sure if the icon does work. If it does, it'll go from it's default color, to pink, to red. Yesterday, my friends were in the rain for a while before I logged in. I asked their temperatures and one stated red, the other 2 stated pink. I haven't gotten that low, so I can't verify. I'm just speaking from what I've heard.

Edited by TheFired3mon
  • Like 1

There's no other way to know than listening to your character, if you hands start to shake, you better have a heatpack near...

aren't my hand shake when i run a lot? i've noticed when i travel miles and miles my chick can barely hold the gun.

Well, when the temperature starts blinking and youre coughing: asap heatpack. I was at that point in 1.7.2.4 and i even coughed a bit, but the heatpack saved me

Well, when the temperature starts blinking and youre coughing: asap heatpack. I was at that point in 1.7.2.4 and i even coughed a bit, but the heatpack saved me

does getting cold will result in something if i don't get my temperature up? i just checked wiki but didn't see any info abotu it, or im just blind :)

if u start coughing, u better make a fire, and stay close to it for like 2-3 mins (untill temp indicator stops blinking)

u will however still keep on coughing, but what ive found and tested a few times already is that after doing the previous steps, u simply need to reconnect.

log out, log back in, and ure cured! :)

and i dont really think u can die of sickness unless ure really a noob. u dont lose blood very quickly (i think its only 3 per sec) 12000/3=4000 sec, which is around 66 min, one entire hour. but yes having lower blood is certainly depressing to look at.

Edited by h3retic

Well there are two illnesses:

a cold, which you get automatically when your temperature drops below 33°C

and an infection which has a chance to come up when your temperature drops below 36°C.

you cannot die from an infection, but it will decrease your blood to 6000 over the time

• Like 1